36 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 11 October 2009 CE
Oct 13, 2009, 14:22
machineryelf wrote:

as for chaosmagick, I'm sure it has it's uses, it's just other than providing a useful storyline for Nephelim cds its purpose eludes me. Maybe I'm just too darned straitlaced to see it.

Nah, not really. Last I looked, the US followers of it seem obsessed with using it to win Poker games, lotteries etc. Here in the UK a lot of its major proponents have switched to old school tantric practices. Dunno about the rest of europe, apart from the scandinavians where it seems more entwined with new interpretations of Odinist faiths.

Anyway, yeah, if you read any of the main texts on it Liber Null, Psychonaut, Prime Chaos etc you'll see how it.. ermm.. is really badly formed. Its kinda, 'you don't need a system... now go and make one... or erm.. followe mine' They see themselves as the inheritors of Crowleys tradition, and as messed up as he was at least he could construct and hold an argument without contradicting himself too badly.

Yeah, anyway, it's silly, like most occult faiths. The most rational lot seemed to be the IOT, which Burroughs was part of. Still, pretty silly mind you. I mean, why would anyone want to be so elitist ?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index