"Horrorcore".... what next?

139 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re:
Oct 08, 2009, 18:09
It's more complex than you make it out to be. I'd guess that a very large proportion of Xtians are no longer of the mind that gays need 'saving', at least in this hemisphere.

Beyond that, you will find much disapproval, of course, but not a burning hatred.

And in the corner, you'll find the Fred Phelps types, and what are ya gonna do but deal with those whacked out freaks as they pop up, as they are wont to do.

So it's not that most Xtians hate gays, it's that many are uncomfortable with the idea and a few of them are really bent out of shape about it.

Like I've said, I don't think religion has much to do with anything when it comes to persecution and mob violence and all that stuff. It's tribalism. How people relate to their God is the least fractious element in relations between cultures. People are still carrying around multimillion-year-old animal group programming... be wary of outsiders, be suspicious of strangers, drive off intruders, protect your own, etc. is the core reason why there's so much trouble in the world. It's about power on earth, like Stray says.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index