Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: Re:
Oct 09, 2009, 12:12
Squid Tempest wrote:
handofdave wrote:
So, if Julian Cope hates Jesus, we're all supposed to hate Jesus too, is that it?

Not at all, I was just expressing suprise that people were shocked to see anti-religious sentiments expressed here. And as for Tonestone's "good xtian/dead xtian" thing, I don't think he was being entirely serious, as I think he said later he was quoting a song.

Edit: and what "religious predjudice" was I displaying? I have merely been talking from the point of view of someone who doesn't believe in something that seems (to me) scientifically unlikely. Is that predjudice? I don't hate people who have religious beliefs, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with them does it?

There is a difference between hating religion in general and saying that each and every person who is religious is someone to shun and abhor. "You believe in a sky God? Wow, you must be some kind of psychotic idiot" sounds pretty much exactly the same as "You don't believe in God? You're going to hell" to me.

I don't hate people because they're Xtians, or Atheists, or Muslims, or what have you... I hate 'em when they have the nerve to think that they have the sole truth, and everyone else is condemnable.

For Chrissakes (no pun intended), what's happened to distinctions? I fucking HATE it when people oversimplify an issue. I hate it even more when they lump huge numbers of people into a single category and then blanket condemn them all based on the worst examples. That is prejudice, the last time I checked.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index