"Horrorcore".... what next?

Pages: 14 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

"Horrorcore".... what next?
Oct 07, 2009, 13:03
Is there some unwritten law that every ever-more offensive genre must be one-upped by one that's even more offensive?

When Lux Interior sang songs about cutting off heads and putting them in TV sets it was a tongue-in-cheek joke.

Now we apparently have a new breed that sings about stuff like this ALL the time and takes it seriously. Jeezus.

I'll bet the fundamentalists wish they only had the Beatles to worry about. The good ol' days. This new genre makes 'Gangsta Rap' look practically cuddly by comparison.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/06/virginia.horrorcore.killings/index.html?iref=mpstoryview
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re:
Oct 07, 2009, 14:54
Some of the extremely extreme death metal and grind bands (plus attendent spin offs like gore-grind etc etc) 'sing' about pretty 'what-the-fuck' gruesome and wantonly offensive stuff, albeit in a fairly cartoony way.
ToneStone
ToneStone
1768 posts

Re:
Oct 07, 2009, 15:52
Pfffft he has nothing on the Norwegians

The only good christian is a dead one
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re:
Oct 07, 2009, 15:53
I can take a joke... but certain really aggressive 'screamo' stuff leaves me cold. Mix that migraine inducing sound with nonstop lyrics about killing people.... and my tolerance level is blown to hell.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re:
Oct 07, 2009, 15:58
ToneStone wrote:

That.... isn't funny.
embryonomore
embryonomore
853 posts

Re:
Oct 07, 2009, 16:30
handofdave wrote:
ToneStone wrote:

That.... isn't funny.

The first sentence was true though.

Them Norwegian Black Metallers have been there, done that and worse.

That said, that kid is fucked up and what he's done is awful. I bet his music sucked too.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Re:
Oct 07, 2009, 19:23
handofdave wrote:

Now we apparently have a new breed that sings about stuff like this ALL the time and takes it seriously. Jeezus.

A *breed?*

What you think every single person who hears this stuff is going on a murder spree? Or just the ones who are a bit shat anyway?

'The scene' obviousy fitted his needs, not the other way round.

Just hope there's no call to 'ban it' or anything or the bordeline loons on the cusp of following the instructions will find an even greater reason to go for it.

And, why did that report show a picture of him in all his 'oooh ah'm scary' glory?

x
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1135 posts

Re:
Oct 07, 2009, 19:28
You are the 'Dad' of the board!
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re:
Oct 07, 2009, 19:51
As others have mentioned, it's quite tame compared to what was going on in early 90s Norway with the 'Black Metal' scene there etc.
Of course, it's not a competition!
The book- 'Lords Of Chaos' by Michael Moynihan and Didrik Søderlind is a mind-boggling read.
What's even more astonishing is when you see the photos of the geeks involved, some look like you could snap them in half with one arm tied behind your back!
There again, when someone's holding a big sword behind you...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re:
Oct 07, 2009, 20:29
I heard some songs by that guy who kidnapped that teenaged girl you heard about -- kept her in the backyard for 18 years. Sounded alot like Danzig(!)
Pages: 14 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index