Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mule
Mule
588 posts

Re: H A W K L O R D S ? 2 0 0 9
Jan 10, 2009, 16:49
Alan in Devon wrote:
Well done magic for putting your money up front. I have met Brock a few times , hawkfestt 2002 he was really nice then at his wedding he was a bit reserved and again at a private gig in Honiton where he was just rude. thats when the penny dropped. I'd read Saga of Hawkwind but i didnt want to believe it but as i got to know other ex members it all falls into place.
I even feel sorry for the guys in Hawkwind now as it's not actually choice that keeps them there. Well except two of them.
Think you'll find at the roundhouse that no matter what money comes in you'll get a great performance from guys who enjoy what they do and actually have smiles on their faces. Have you seen Space Ritual ? Very Hawkwind 1972 !
Oh and yes, we will be there !

Maybe they'll be emboldended by an injection ofPsi(atica) Power!
magiceye
magiceye
183 posts

Jan 10, 2009, 19:54
[quote="Mule"
Maybe they'll be emboldended by an injection ofPsi(atica) Power!

[/quote]

LOL!
Mule
Mule
588 posts

Re: H A W K L O R D S • 2 0 0 9
Jan 13, 2009, 13:46
Been looking at the Notting Hill thing. The cynic in me wonders if it might just be a scam cooked up by Brock to take the wind out of the Roundhouse event (and sales).
magiceye
magiceye
183 posts

Jan 13, 2009, 20:06
Have to admit the timing of the announcement, not to mention the format, seemed a bit "convenient", but I'm trying to think nice thoughts and to stay not to think of "Brock the Bogeyman". There is a danger that everything he does is regarded in a certain light - no doubt if there was to be no big 40th bash he'd be castigated as a grumpy old so and so.

Mind you if he ever pisses me off...
Alan in Devon
Alan in Devon
47 posts

Jan 14, 2009, 00:03
Never mind a 40 th gig ..he just ignored the whole Calvert anniversary thing last year which is bad for a guy surviving on at least 50% Calvert material !
For Alan Davey's latest thought on Hawkwind read thru his words in this recent interview...
http://metaltoinfinity.00freehost.com/InterviewGUNSLINGER.html

Quite honestly when are we gonna hear the last of Brock living off everyone's work ..Pass the words if you agree with the sentiment !
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Jan 14, 2009, 03:17
Alan is very very full of himself!! "I saved Hawkwind..." ??

I have to say, on balance, I am siding with Brock at the moment..
Alan in Devon
Alan in Devon
47 posts

Jan 14, 2009, 09:13
geoffrey_prime wrote:
Alan is very very full of himself!! "I saved Hawkwind..." ??

I have to say, on balance, I am siding with Brock at the moment..

Is this on balance just after reading that interview or based on the last 40 years ? I can't believe that people still swallow the Brock arguement that he 'is' Hawkwind. Did we not all follow the Hawks because they were a 'peoples' band and outlined a lifestyle where money was not a key factor? Fortunately this Hawkwind still exist as a 'spirit' which will be reborn at the Roundhouse on the 8th March ..
Mule
Mule
588 posts

Jan 14, 2009, 21:52
Not sure how comfortable I feel taking sides. To my mind, Brock's just a salty old spacerock sea dog who's lashed himself to the wheel of his foundering ship.

Davey just comes across like an eight-year old. I think Hawkwind rescued him from obscurity to play out his dream game of Fantasy Hawkwind Bass Player, enabling him to side with Brock against Nik Turner like the Verger from Dad's Army siding with Hodges. And now that all seems like water under the bridge. Strange behaviour.

If I must take sides, it's with Adrian Shaw, as at least he gets to work with Bevis Frond.
magiceye
magiceye
183 posts

Jan 14, 2009, 22:19
Mule wrote:

like the Verger from Dad's Army siding with Hodges.

Ha! I wonder if he might also have referred to Brock as "your reverence"?

Anyway, here's hoping for two cracking gigs, H'lords and H'wind irrespective of whether the twain shall ever meet. Oh, and I see Hawkwind have added a second gig at Porchester Hall (28th August0. And I've just booked my hotel as I believe it is carnival weekend and therefore likely to be as mad as I don't know what.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Jan 14, 2009, 22:30
I've been in touch with a few festival promoters over the last couple of weeks and just hadn't quite how many Hawkwind spin-off bands there are, out there! Blimey, the mind boggles. I think most of Space Ritual also have other bands, each doing their own thangs.
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] This topic is locked

Unsung Forum Index