This topic is locked

Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Re: H A W K L O R D S • 2 0 0 9
Jan 05, 2009, 12:23
The latest issue of MOJO contains of review of the 2 Hawkwind compilations that are out in advance of the 1976 onwards reissue programme. There's also a brief interview with Dave Brock wherein he outlines 2 Hawkwind experiences - one includes a boat trip heading North to see the Aurora Borealis and the other is a open air event at some campsite with an amphitheatre.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re: H A W K L O R D S • 2 0 0 9
Jan 05, 2009, 13:09
That boat trip idea sounds great! I've a theory that they'll be announcing a few festival dates shortly, too.
Mule
Mule
588 posts

Re: H A W K L O R D S ? 2 0 0 9
Jan 05, 2009, 14:35
magiceye wrote:
I'all may also be interested to know about Hawkwind's 40th anniversary bash which will take place in Notting Hill on 29th August 2009, tickets priced £25 plus the usual add-ons. Its an all dayer much like the Hawklords bash, and special guests and surprises are promised. My guess is that it will be a bit of a mini-indoor Hawkfest. There again it could be one huge reconciliation (ahem!).

And being a glutton for it, I've ordered my ticket.

Whereabouts in Notting Hill? Under the Westway?!
magiceye
magiceye
183 posts

Jan 05, 2009, 19:28
"Whereabouts in Notting Hill? Under the Westway?!"

Ha! now that would be something!No it's somewhere called Porchester Hall which from its website (assuming I'm looking at the right place) looks frightfully posh. And possibly a bit on the small side, so it looks like there'll be no repeat of the Hawkestra "celebrations". It remains to be seen who the special guests are and what surprises are in store for us. Depends on who they're still talking to at the time, I suppose.

You interested?
Alan in Devon
Alan in Devon
47 posts

Jan 06, 2009, 11:57
I think it'll be interesting to see who Hawkwinds special guests are bearing in mind that just about every ex hawkwind member has joined forces with Nik and Alan in Hawklords! There is no indication either that this is a one off gig either. Special guest left as far as i can make out are likely to be Sam Fox and Matthew Wright ! Perhaps Bill Bailey and maybe even Dale Winton !
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Jan 06, 2009, 12:10
On which side of the fence does Lemmy stand?
Or has he got more sense than to take sides?
Alan in Devon
Alan in Devon
47 posts

Jan 06, 2009, 12:42
Kid Calamity wrote:

I reckon that Lemmy would do it but Brock wouldn't want to pay him! Lemmy's not that daft ..
magiceye
magiceye
183 posts

Jan 06, 2009, 20:20
Alan in Devon wrote:
Kid Calamity wrote:

I reckon that Lemmy would do it but Brock wouldn't want to pay him! Lemmy's not that daft ..

A cursory glance atthe Saga of Hawkwind would indicate that money was a factor in the run up to (and aftermath of) the Hawkestra so it's a fir bet that it would be an issue this time around as well.
Alan in Devon
Alan in Devon
47 posts

Jan 09, 2009, 09:16
Usually with the money situation one member (you know who he is) takes advantage of the enthusiasm of the other ex members to line his own pockets. Readin the Hawkwind forums i see one lady, Sarah, would like to see Ron Tree appear at Hawkfest 2009 ....what planet does she live on ?
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Edited Jan 09, 2009, 10:02
Jan 09, 2009, 09:49
Alan in Devon wrote:
...what planet does she live on ?

This is Hawkwind and Space Ritual we're discussing here, Alan. What planet do any of them live on?
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] This topic is locked

Unsung Forum Index