This topic is locked

Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mule
Mule
588 posts

Re: H A W K L O R D S ? 2 0 0 9
Jan 09, 2009, 10:01
Wonder if Larry Wallis's sciatica's cleared up yet......
magiceye
magiceye
183 posts

Jan 09, 2009, 20:12
Came across my Pink Fairies Roundhouse ticket the other day whilst having a clearout and the same thought crossed my mind. More a case of poor ticket sales than bad back, I've always thought.

Anyone else boought their H'lords ticket besides me? I'll be interested to see how many tickets theyo do shift and whether this sciatica lark is catching.
Mule
Mule
588 posts

Jan 09, 2009, 20:21
magiceye wrote:
Came across my Pink Fairies Roundhouse ticket the other day whilst having a clearout and the same thought crossed my mind. More a case of poor ticket sales than bad back, I've always thought.

Anyone else boought their H'lords ticket besides me? I'll be interested to see how many tickets they do shift and whether this sciatica lark is catching.

Oh, do you think so? I'd have put it down to just the curse of the Fairies. Larry's a nice friendly guy and talks a good talk, but I think he just chickened out. I remember when that gig was announced, an old freak friend of mine just said "Yeah, ain't gonna happen."

I don't want to curse the Hawklords gig by agreeing with you, but there's a certain "we've paid our dues" attitude about the old guard that precludes a bit of donkey work.

Having said that, I scored a month off work with sciatica and it's not to be sniffed at!
magiceye
magiceye
183 posts

Jan 09, 2009, 20:50
I guess I'm probably too cynical, Mule!

Having suffered a mild sciatica as a result of a running injury and seen others in far worse condition I have every sympathy with anyone so afflicted.

I sincerely hope both the H'lords and H'wind 40th both come off, but I've refrained from booking my hotels for either just yet.

Now there's a thought, what if the PFs turned up as speacial guests of Hawkwind at the Porchester Hall? A Pink Wind extravaganza...? No stop it, NOW.
Alan in Devon
Alan in Devon
47 posts

Jan 09, 2009, 23:09
I doubt PF would turn up at anything organized by Dave Brock ...If you've read the Carol Clerk book you'll know that the only people who'll work with him are up n coming young bands. Anyone who's worked with Nik is not welcome in Mr Brocks eyes. Beside Hawkwind the spirit is not the same as Hawkwind (copyright) You can own the name but not the spirit!
And i'd get your Roundhouse ticket before they sell out !

Just think of your classic Hawkwind tracks and line up and where are they now ? It's even said that Brock stole the credit for Master Of The Universe from Dave Anderson !
magiceye
magiceye
183 posts

Jan 10, 2009, 10:19
Alan

The Hawklords ticket has arrived and is safe and sound. Hope to see you there. Have also taken the plunge for the Hawkind 40th, but I sense I won't see you there!

I fear you are right as regards PF playing with H'wind (I was being a bit playful, y'understand). I guess we'll hear nearer the date as to who these special guests and special surprises are.

In the meantime, and I've never met Mr Brock, in his defence he isn't the only one to have been accused on putting his name to other people's songs (Jagger/Richard, Page/Plant, George Harrison etc etc). I often wonder whether he would be quite so villified had he not been perceived as having usurped the "people's band" - Stalin to Turner's Trotsky, or the big bad pig out of Animal Farm.

I'm getting carried away again, aren't I?
Alan in Devon
Alan in Devon
47 posts

Jan 10, 2009, 11:10
Well done magic for putting your money up front. I have met Brock a few times , hawkfestt 2002 he was really nice then at his wedding he was a bit reserved and again at a private gig in Honiton where he was just rude. thats when the penny dropped. I'd read Saga of Hawkwind but i didnt want to believe it but as i got to know other ex members it all falls into place.
I even feel sorry for the guys in Hawkwind now as it's not actually choice that keeps them there. Well except two of them.
Think you'll find at the roundhouse that no matter what money comes in you'll get a great performance from guys who enjoy what they do and actually have smiles on their faces. Have you seen Space Ritual ? Very Hawkwind 1972 !
Oh and yes, we will be there !
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Jan 10, 2009, 12:31
Alan, MagicEye was at the filming of the satyricon DVD so I'm sure he, like me, is quite aware of the sheer joy and love of playing that Nik Turner and his merry mistrals get from doing it.

There really is a genuine love of meeting all the fans afterwards, too. Nice people.

BTW Have you seen that DVD?
Alan in Devon
Alan in Devon
47 posts

Jan 10, 2009, 15:23
Yes i have it ...love the interviews! Would have loved to have been there! Filmed Nik a couple of times recently , check it out on youtube user name alshell123
Lots going on thats not being made public at the moment but someone known as the'captain' is alleged to have attacked the manager of another band at a gig recently..last i heard legal moves were afoot !
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Jan 10, 2009, 15:46
Alan in Devon wrote:
...check it out on youtube user name alshell123

Off for a nosey.
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] This topic is locked

Unsung Forum Index