Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
magiceye
magiceye
183 posts

Re: H A W K L O R D S ? 2 0 0 9
Dec 29, 2008, 21:12
micmacmoc wrote:
it'll be a classic beef skirt and all proper pasty gubbins me 'ansome!
oh and a pint of skinners 'betty stoggs'
dreckly.

Sounds the gear! Ah'll bring me home brew and me lamb and mint oggie (note to any drug squad snoopers, this is not code for anything at all, the dope will be in my other pocket- doh!)
micmacmoc
micmacmoc
288 posts

Dec 29, 2008, 21:17
ah ...... home brew. nowya talking, I made some heavy boolox barley wine for christsie celebration and been too ill to have it! wotcha brew?
magiceye
magiceye
183 posts

Dec 29, 2008, 22:34
Bitters and stouts mainly. My "speciality" is a Scottish Heavy with a bag of dark spraymalt chucked in for good measure which ups the sugar quotient somewhat. Tasty stuff if I say so myself and a bit wallopy on the old senses if not taken in extreme moderation. I'd like a bash at making a porter but my local supplier reckons that there are no kits out there these days.

And to think that at the Roundhouse I'll be paying upwards of £4 for a glassload of gas. Sob!

Are ye a kit man or do you brew from scratch? (apologies to the rest of you out there, please indulge us a while longer).
micmacmoc
micmacmoc
288 posts

Dec 29, 2008, 22:42
sorry cats!

brewtime!

i really gotta go......but, heh, have just got the gubbins to go partial, so semi malt bla bla. mostly kit but never 'blind'. always spray malting. Have you ...er....come across a geezer named 'stegnest' herabouts? he's yer man brewise, please, more tomorrer...um here

[email protected]

sorry, really pisht, mostly off. I have had benylin and whisky so... well not gonna be here long!
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Dec 30, 2008, 10:24
Ha ha ha!! LOL.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re: H A W K L O R D S ‡ 2 0 0 9
Dec 30, 2008, 10:26
Stegnest hasn't posted here for ages. He still has his MySpace site up, though. He's still using it, I see from his latest log in record.
magiceye
magiceye
183 posts

Dec 30, 2008, 21:09
And speaking of lapsed posters, whatever to Sir John Dunn?
Alan in Devon
Alan in Devon
47 posts

Re: H A W K L O R D S • 2 0 0 9
Jan 04, 2009, 11:50
Nik can use the name Hawklords as it is owned jointly (no pun) by Brock and Bob Calverts widow Jill ...she has given her permission for it's use and according to Nik, in an interview wit Terry Hawke, Brock has been invited to play ...he wont of course !
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

F. F. S.
Jan 04, 2009, 13:06
It's only a one-off concept event so even Brock can't complain... can he?

Honestly both parties are grown-ups, I can't understand why they don't start acting like it.

Surely the followers of both bands understand who they're buying tickets and product by. There's nothing misleading in the band's name if the fans are intelligent enough to check who's in the band. All promotional material for Hawkwind and Space Ritual shows clearly advertise what's on offer, in terms of line-up etc. I think the fans' intelligence is being underestimated. If not insulted.
magiceye
magiceye
183 posts

Jan 04, 2009, 13:39
I'all may also be interested to know about Hawkwind's 40th anniversary bash which will take place in Notting Hill on 29th August 2009, tickets priced £25 plus the usual add-ons. Its an all dayer much like the Hawklords bash, and special guests and surprises are promised. My guess is that it will be a bit of a mini-indoor Hawkfest. There again it could be one huge reconciliation (ahem!).

And being a glutton for it, I've ordered my ticket.
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] This topic is locked

Unsung Forum Index