Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Is/Are Zeppelin Really That Good? Maybe Sabbath...

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Piquiod
Piquiod
525 posts

Re: Is/Are Zeppelin Really That Good? Maybe Sabbath...
Dec 12, 2007, 18:20
sending vibes your way tick!
go easy, and mend well
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Dec 12, 2007, 18:22
hmm, interesting that. i take your point about sabs being by far the more if not most influential metal band in history. infact i'd go as far as to say that that fact is indisputable.

dare i mention the beatles? their influence massively bled over into heavy rock and metal from clumsy attempts to rip their 'ness off by Ozzy when he wrote or co wrote or whatever tracks like 'no more tears' and then there's bands that went for it whole sale like Enuff Znuff nd the Electric Boys (big hair tons of jewelry and to be honest quite slick little plagiaristic ditties)

ELO were the beatles until they ran out of beatles songs. Sad to say but you can hear their influence all over the fucking shop...
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Dec 12, 2007, 18:26
apparently Ozzy is one of the major Beatles' collectors, but Butler and Iommi are responsible for most of the songwriting that made Sabbath.
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Dec 12, 2007, 18:35
i just can't imagine ozzy sat with an acoustic or at a piano or humming or anything to be frank
paradox
paradox
1576 posts

Dec 12, 2007, 18:48
Get well soon tinky and make a very speedy recovery!

Have a great festive period!
Mule
Mule
588 posts

Dec 12, 2007, 19:16
Shelby Mustang wrote:
i just can't imagine ozzy sat with an acoustic or at a piano or humming or anything to be frank

They had Bill to do all that. See 'It's Alright' on Technical Ecstasy. The Peter Criss of Sabbath!!!
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Dec 12, 2007, 21:30
the peter criss of sabbath. ha!
vince
vince
1628 posts

Dec 13, 2007, 00:26
tinky10675 wrote:
I just suffered a VERY major Heart Attack (at the age of 38 no less) and any well wishes from fellow heads would do me some good. [email protected] Thanks people of earth

Hey, good health & best 'o wishes to ya. Put your feet up, put any stress behind you & indulge in the theraputic pleasures of Rock n Roll my man.
vince
vince
1628 posts

Are Zep That Good? Maybe Sabbath...
Dec 13, 2007, 00:35
Personally Zep were always light years ahead of Sabbath. Zep could get down & dirty, twee & fiddly, deep & heavy....all on one side of an album. Sabbath were more of a lumbering beast & something of a one-trick pony, though I have come to appreciate them more in later years. But it's often forgotten that LZ had possibly the greatest rhythm section in the history of rock'n'roll. Sure Bonham deserves all his individual plaudits but Jones is - and remains the perfect foil (heard any of the bass on the album he did with Diamanda Galas? Simply stunning. Rocks like a bastard...)

With LZ it was as much about what they left out as it was about being a rock beast. And simply the greatest purveyors of the art of dynamic. Imagine how easy it must've been for Plant & Page with those two behind 'em.
Five
Five
960 posts

Dec 13, 2007, 01:11
Tinky:

love and good luck!
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index