You Gotta Problem With Me

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Re: You Gotta Problem With Me
Jun 23, 2007, 13:19
I should have probably said that yesterday and actually got some real work done! Fingers crossed for sure.
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Re: i Gotta Problem With him
Jun 23, 2007, 15:22
Where has a specific mention of a race been given? I am not defending, I am genuinely asking. I mean, what I see is a manifesto that gives no opinion in any way but merely says that one of the topics dealt with on the new lp is the huge wave of migrants from former communist countries (which doesn't imply any certain race and doesn't lead me to think he is going to take them to task). Where is all this speculation arising from? Obviously, I wasn't at any gig where he 'went off on one' or anything but does i go beyond that? Is there something that legitimizes all this pondering and debate? Or is this whole thing just something being cooked up in people's minds as a 'guess' of what he may feel about certain groups of people?
Regardless, we should probably all wait and see, cos' no one will know until the diatribes of hate and racism start filling the empty space in our heads! ;)
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Re: Hold on!!!
Jun 23, 2007, 15:35
See, I don't agree. One reason the collective 'right' always does and always will kick the collective 'left's ass to the moon and back is that the right quietly agree on their plan of action, implement it and continue their stranglehold on the world while the left endlessly debate and fuss with each other about being 'sensitive', watching what they say, the horrid dangers of having a 'wrong' or 'offensive' opinion and other concerns of the perpetually lame. With people like this comprising the resistance to the conservative wave, I think we are all fucked. I mean, we can't mobilize and actually get something done! What if we accidentally got something wrong, said the wrong thing or hurt some people's feelings? Better to just argue with each other and let the bad men fuck us in the ass for eternity....
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Jun 23, 2007, 15:40
and yes, I know, my comments go beyond a debate on the content of a record, it's just some of the opinions expressedlead me to think of, and are indicative of, the greater problem.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Jun 25, 2007, 10:55
Jun 25, 2007, 10:19
I do agree with you about how opposition is fractured but that's a sign of intelligent (and, dare I say, evolutionary) forces at work. The 'right' or however you want to term the prison warders have a single cell agenda - profit uber alles. Easy to understand. Easy to execute.

You don't fix these problems with single issue politics. It's akin to throwing a broken watch at the wall in an effort to make it work.

Coming back to Cope for second I think a stated preference for "nihilism and destruction" is an adolescent, single-cell, solution to a motherfucking deity-sized set of problems.

If more rock and rollers actually lined up everything written by Bucky Fuller, by PK Dick, by RA Wilson et al and er .... spent a year or two actually *reading* them and THEN formed an opinion I'd be a lot more into listening to what they have to say on matters of global economics and social engineering.

I am not sure what disappoints me more - that rock and rollers dare to assume the position of Grand Social Visionary or that they so often miss the mark. But rock and rollers are Apollonian Narcissists (all that wand weilding sonic pixie stuff) and Neptunes of oceanic sound by nature so more fool me ...
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Jun 25, 2007, 10:25
So it is better to express points of view on difficult subjects badly than to not express them at all? Or have I misinterpreted you?!
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index