Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Records that everyone else seems to love, but you don't get.

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Re: Records that everyone else seems to love, but
Dec 01, 2006, 09:51
Going against the flow of this thread, I really love Bob Dylan ('Blood on the tracks' and 'Desire' being my faves) - though I thought his recent album was rubbish - and I also love BB's Pet Sounds and *some* Pink Floyd.

What I don't get is Radiohead's 'OK Computer'. WTF?! And everything by The Smiths remains a complete mystery to me.

I loathe and detest rap and hiphop - why do I get the feeling I've been had when I hear that shit?!

Though I accept it's popular I also can't stand female 'RnB'* stuff of ANY kind. Likewise Celine Dion and Whitney Houston. They simply need shooting.

*in the modern sense
horazio
433 posts

'The Smiths remain a complete mystery to me'
Dec 01, 2006, 10:25
At least u gotta be a father /quoting Letterman on this/ to get Morrissey :D
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: Records that everyone else seems to love, but
Dec 01, 2006, 10:34
TOTALLY agree with you re Witney Houston and Celine Dion and any other show off wailing bint that just belts it out to demonstrate the fact she can sing REALLY LOUD! Frankly that shite leaves me cold and slightly embarrassed to be a woman (although it might be unfair of me to suggest these singers feel they represent women I guess...)

CANNOT STAND bloody RnB either, if what you mean by RnB is that bloody Usher nonsense - what a load of wank! Don't mind some rap and hip hop though, Run DMC spring to mind as a band I really like that fall into that category, but no, tis not on the whole one of my favourite musical genres and the Beastie Boys just get on my tits frankly.

I DO like OK Computer though; a couple of people have mentioned it here and I shall take this opportunity to stand up for it and say it's one of my all time favourite albums ever, even if it is a nervous breakdown set to music (which might well be WHY I like it...)
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: Records that everyone else seems to love, but you don't get.
Dec 01, 2006, 10:36
That has never stopped me! ;-)
horazio
433 posts

I also can't stand female 'RnB'*
Dec 01, 2006, 10:42
Modern RnB simply is oiled and pumped up money maker!
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Re: I also can't stand female 'RnB'*
Dec 01, 2006, 10:55
Apart from the fact that I bloody HATE this 'urban contemporary' m.usic, what REALLY narks me about 'RnB' is that it calls itself 'RnB'.

Rhythm and blues is good stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhythm_and_blues

Whereas RnB is SHITE.
silogut
silogut
432 posts

Dec 01, 2006, 13:04
Popel Vooje wrote:
Radiohead - OK Computer
Pompous, whiney, millionaire rockstar twat whinges about the shallowness of fame. And then goes on to sell more records than ever before. Then makes rather good album on which most of the lyrics are submerged in the production to the point of virtual inaudibility (which is never a bad thing in Radiohead's case). Then reverts to type and band becomes boring again. Sack the singer ferfecksake! The world doesn't need another Roger Waters.

i think this record is more reprehensible for what it inspired: the kind of populist middle class white boy/bed wetting formula of coldplay/muse/keane that in the past few years has sold by the bucketload from sainsburys/asda/tescos. I assume by rather good album you are referring to Kid A? Thats the only one I own and is pretty sublime in places esp 'How To Disappear' with its beautiful muted trumpet parts
Chaosmonger
977 posts

Dec 01, 2006, 14:52
i think this record is more reprehensible for what it inspired: the kind of populist middle class white boy/bed wetting formula of coldplay/muse/keane that in the past few years >>

Racist..

Mike
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re: I also can't stand female 'RnB'*
Dec 01, 2006, 14:54
I'm right with you there, Jane!
red peony
red peony
645 posts

Dec 01, 2006, 15:00
Ha!

Yep, I wondered what the cause of it was ;-)
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index