Soundtracks Of Our Lives 28/3/04

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re: Vital! 1978
Mar 29, 2004, 18:30
It sure is an ODD album, I'll have to find the time soon to put up that review......
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives 28/3/04
Mar 29, 2004, 18:32
Ha ha, yeah, that was a little sweeping...but i've noticed the tendancy to 'start' things on your behalf in a few previous girlfriends too...guess it's their way of chivvying things along (i.e. get of ya fat arse and do the painting ya lazy bum :).
It's my own fault, i promised yto do it oooh, ages ago, serves me right really.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Rush
Mar 29, 2004, 21:49
I can see why alot of folks thought Rush were fascists after hearing "Free Will".
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Mar 29, 2004, 22:48
Actually "Free Will" is kind of anti-fascist -- it seems to say "think for yourself."
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Mar 29, 2004, 22:56
hp lovecraft - I & 2
sometimes real good and othertimes really overrated - the good makes it a worthwhile exploration though

dandy warhols - black album
still playing this n going back to their early output - last album was absolute shit n stay well clear
Quexalcote
228 posts

Mar 29, 2004, 23:07
the lyrics to "The Trees" are the most cring-inducing ever....................
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Mar 29, 2004, 23:09
Ivor Cutler - Velvet Donkey. Brilliant mixture of spoken word and little ditties. Though it would be nice to have a few more things going on in the songs

Photek - Form and Function. Weighing in at 79 minutes, it is not at all bad, all be it a bit sparse in places which I don't like in drum and bass.

Kevin Ayers - Joy of a Toy. Listen of the week. Knew he was worth a listen having heard him on that June 74 album. Definitely prefer this to Soft Machine

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew. I always return to this album. It might even be my favourite album ever

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust. Still sounds fabbo

Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness first finale - Haven't listened to this one much, but definitely worth the listen. Pretty much as good as innervisions and talking book, I reckon.

John Cale - Slow Dazzle. This album is growing on me. Worth it for heartbreak hotel alone of course. Mr Wilson is another fav

Also listened to loads of Aphex Twin - Analogue Bubblebath vol3, I care because you do, Richard D James.

Talk Talk - can't remember which one, think it was one of the earlier ones. Sounded very poppy and eighties which I didn't mind.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Mar 29, 2004, 23:12
That wasn't meant as a reply to Shrimp, curses! Just remembered that I listened to Pearl by Eno and Harold Budd, and the dreadful 'Red' by King Crimson (except for the last track)
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2608 posts

Mont's Solo Album - wooooaaaahhh!!
Mar 29, 2004, 23:39
Yippee! The order's in the post as I write - though I'm not too sure about the 'ethnic instruments'...
a23
a23
1004 posts

Mar 30, 2004, 00:22
Gila - Gila
Gomorrha - don't look back
Between - and the waters opened
Schulze - Cyborgs faust/cyborg
Porky tree - Voyage 34/ sky moves sideways
Broselmachine - s/t
john foxx - the garden