Favourite 60s garage comp tracks?

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1243 posts

"30 Seconds Before the Calico Wall'"
Nov 13, 2003, 18:11
Father Sky,

It's a LITTLE patchy, but where the heck else you gonna find classics like The Moving Sidewalks' burnt, drugged and hilarious phased cover of "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" or "Up In My Mind" by The Spontaneous Combustion?!! I ask ya...

There a few other gems on it: If memory serves, The Electras' "Action Woman" may be on it as well
Father Sky
Father Sky
323 posts

Re: "Expo 2000"
Nov 13, 2003, 18:13
Deffo their Medication is the best!

I also prefer their version of 'I'm not like everybody else' to the original Kinks.
Father Sky
Father Sky
323 posts

Re: "30 Seconds Before the Calico Wall
Nov 13, 2003, 18:15
Arf Arf are a funny label: why why why did they reissue $100 fine and Distortions, and a bunch of crappy-looking Litter Reformed concerts, but Not reissue 'Emerge'???
The Seth Man
1243 posts

Gimme five...
Nov 13, 2003, 18:17
...if you're still alive!!!

(SLLAAAAPPPP)

Oh, yeah--with you there, F.S.

Also: Who did the best version of "I Can Only Give You Everything"? I'm totally split between the version by The Little Boys Blues (comped on 'Pebbles") and Them's original because both kick major ass.
Father Sky
Father Sky
323 posts

Re: (Instrumental) Punk As Fuck
Nov 13, 2003, 18:18
Another instrumental - 'Hide & Seek' by Kim Fowley. Not exactly his best work but hey...

is there a drummer in Hell right now?
The Seth Man
1243 posts

Litter: "Emerge"
Nov 13, 2003, 18:21
I dunno, Father Sky, I really don't know why

Probably some problems with licensing, since "Emerge" was on Probe Records

Damn--"Emerge" was their best record! Just our luck...

Oh, and yeah: why the new covers for "$100 Fine" and "Distortions"?!!!! I know! I know!
Father Sky
Father Sky
323 posts

Re: Gimme five...
Nov 13, 2003, 18:21
Yeah!
'I can only give you everything'.... too many cool/whacked out/inept versions!!!

The best that springs to mind is a version on Texas Flashbacks 1, can't remember the band at the moment... there's also a great one with the best inept vocalist ever on a Teenage Shutdown volume. Again, the band escapes me at the moment, but I'll look it up later...
Father Sky
Father Sky
323 posts

Re: Gimme five...
Nov 13, 2003, 18:26
Sorry, it's from Flashbacks 2, by the Iguanas.
My favourite version, it's the aural equivalent of being put through a shredder...

gotta go now, catch you laters
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: "Expo 2000"
Nov 13, 2003, 18:27
Now, I've always got slightly confused about this. I love both "No Way Out" and "The Inner Mystique", but if I remember rightly the instrumental selections on these albums, whilst great, aren't really by the CWB at all but a studio band cobbled together by Ed Cobb and Richie Podolor. So "Expo 2000" must be one of those, is that right?

Always loved these albums precisely because of the musical schizophrenia that results from welding together two virtually seperate projects, myself...
The Seth Man
1243 posts

HOW could I forget...!
Nov 13, 2003, 18:28
"Mind Destruction"
by The Oxford Circle

Aboslutrely KILLER instrumental and punk and psychedelic as fuck...I'm putting it on right now!!

Father Sky, you are truly garage punk as fuck!!!

(SLAAAAAAAP!!!)
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index