Unsung Forum »
longest owned and unplayed

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Heavy Metal Holocaust @ Port Vale
Oct 25, 2003, 11:18
Blimey fancy that! If I remember right the full bill was something like Vardis, Riot, Triumph, Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush, Ozzy Osbourne (with Randy Rhoads!) and Motorhead.
Wasn't my first gig but certainly my first 'heavy' rock concert. Went with my cousins who live in Staffordshire. I remember it being incredibly loud not only 'cos of the PA but also the sound reverberating off the corrugated iron terrace ceilings. Very metal haha. Certainly Donnington which was about a week later wasn't nearly as loud.
Happy daze!
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Oct 25, 2003, 11:34
Yeah... I now wind-up my mate's teenage daughter, who's an Ozzy Osbourne worshipper with those immortal lines "'course, I saw him when Randy Rhodes was alive!!"

The PA was the size of a row of houses and they had to take all the old folk in the area on a day trip to the seaside! I could feel Motorhead's bass in my guts half way back across a football pitch! Best Motorhead gig ever... just after 'No Sleep till Hammersmith' was no1.

Can't believe its 22 years ago.... gripe...chew...
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Oct 25, 2003, 11:52
My ears are still ringing. I didn't know about the old people day trip thing haha. That's ace. I wonder if some of 'em stuck it out to show us young 'uns what they were made of. "I lived through the Blitz. No long haired lout with a guitar is shifting me. (KRAANG!) Bloodyhell fire! It's the apocalypse!"
Jasonaparkes
Jasonaparkes
876 posts

Re: longest owned and unplayed
Oct 25, 2003, 12:14
Well, I'll give it a go- but last time I thought of Blue Oyster Cult...& The Eagles analogy sounds apt. Still, probably not as bad as The Strokes...
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Oct 25, 2003, 12:34
The organisers had to pay for a coach trip for them, as they lived in the houses on the hilltop above the ground... probably came back to a houseful of stress fractures!
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Oct 25, 2003, 18:42
definitely. Hazey Jane... Oh mannn! In many ways his best, especially for this time of year.
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Oct 25, 2003, 19:05
...Diamanda Galas' Plague Mass...won a cassette of it from a Boston(college) radio station years ago..early 90's
..If I recall,I wasn't even calling to win it,but I knew the answer to the question,so I got it and a poster for the album...gave the poster to a friend that was a fan,but have never listened to the tape..still in its cellophane wrap
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Re: Raven
Oct 25, 2003, 20:48
I went too!
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Oct 25, 2003, 20:58
I didn't. Surprisingly enough. Though it was around the time when meteal festivally type things were 10 a penny wasn't it?

love

Moth
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Oct 25, 2003, 21:00
Fuck. Thought I'd read all Moonies postings, but hadn't. Forget I asked.

love

Twat.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index