Unsung Forum »
longest owned and unplayed

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Uncut CDs
Oct 24, 2003, 11:17
Well one of them did feature a hilariously inept version of "Cocksucker Blues" by the Silver Jews. (That was one of the Stones tribute CDs...)
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Spiritualized
Oct 24, 2003, 11:23
No, some statue-style image of a little girl with ponytails. Quite ugly, I might add!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: a pedant writes...
Oct 24, 2003, 11:26
"Grindcore" is a near-unlistenable version of hardcore punk, if ya wanna know...
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Oct 24, 2003, 11:37
>according to this website:
>http://brutalmetal.com/cgi-bin/genrelist.cgi?Letter=A&Genre=1
>Raven were/are a "classic heavy metal" band.

Loads of bands including Iron Maiden, Vardis, Def Leppard etc were lumped together as NWOBHM at the time.

I remember Anvil on their list... the guitarist was famed for playing his solos using a vibrator... I guess you've gotta have a gimmik!
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Oct 24, 2003, 11:48
Raven were particularly bad from what I remember. Even teenage me didn't like em & that's saying summat.

love

Moth
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Oct 24, 2003, 12:11
There was some awful shite around... Do you remember Bronze? They did a heavy metal version of Jerusalem!!! Mere words cannot describe it's awfulness.

Then there was 'local band' Vardis, from Wakefield. The guitarist used to come on stage with his hair full of talcum powder n' flick it around to create a dustcloud... amazing what passed for special effects back then.... bet he'd practised it to perfection in his bedroom!!! It also gave us prior warning of what was to come in the future, when Fields of the Nephalim discovered a bag of flower in their mum's kitchen cupboard!
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Re: longest owned and unplayed
Oct 24, 2003, 13:58
I've had Bryter Layter by Nick Drake for about 18 months, it's still in the cellophane........
CaptainGoo
64 posts

erm...Ash Ra Temple 'amboss'
Oct 24, 2003, 14:07
Sacrosanct round these parts I know but this one I bought on the back of J.Cs somewhat spittle soaked review and its collectin dust at a fearsome rate. Julian turned me onto the minimal delights of Neu/Harmonia BUT I really couldn't get fired up on this stuff...reminds me I should get round to selling off some of the more unlistenable aspects of my cd collection before its worthless

c'goo
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Oct 24, 2003, 14:31
Play it!!
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Oct 24, 2003, 14:34
Next time I get a shag...........