Unsung Forum »
longest owned and unplayed

Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
elderford
482 posts

longest owned and unplayed
Oct 23, 2003, 12:07
just a thought. about 7 months ago i bought the flaming lips "punks are finally taking acid" boxset and have yet to get around to playing anything other than half of the first track on disc one.

so then, what's the longest anyone on the board has owned something but have still got to get around to listening to it?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: longest owned and unplayed
Oct 23, 2003, 12:16
The Cramps: Songs The Lord Taught Us
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Oct 23, 2003, 12:31
your a fool - go and play it now!
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Oct 23, 2003, 12:44
Some Moby album that I found dirt cheap n' thought - be open minded n' give him a go. Then regretted it as soon as I handed the money over! Almost slung it in a bin on the way home and have never played it.

When I was about 14, someone once gave me a copy of Bat Out of Hell... they ran out of their house, thrust it into my hand and ran back indoors. I got it home played side one and took it back again!
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Oct 23, 2003, 12:44
Yeah, should be drummed out of the corps.
You certainly do not have good taste to misquote the later band.
Where's ywer punk rock spirit?
Stevo
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Oct 23, 2003, 12:49
Yea the bin is the best place for that moby chap!
YALinotaFAN*
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Oct 23, 2003, 12:55
Ditto on the two gents above.

(Especially necro as his post was 'exactly' what went through my mind.)
Serotonin
175 posts

Oct 23, 2003, 12:56
the last four CDs that came free with MOJO...they're increasingly getting chucked in the bin unwrapped out of pessimistic frustration. such measures would never have been taken back in the halcyon days of the unimpeachable first four "MOJO Machine Turns You On" subscribers' CDs. come on, gents, dig out your earlier freebies and relearn how to make great compilations. BTW it was Vol. 1 of the above that introduced me to Can, via the abridged version of Mother Sky. Like to see something like that turning up on any magazine's free CD these days.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Oct 23, 2003, 12:58
I would need to go home and have a good rifle through the collection. One that always springs to mind is "Let's Play World Domination Enterprises" which I bought for 50p in about 1989.

Just noticed the irony in that album title, and have realised I can't ever listen to it.
Gnomon
Gnomon
1121 posts

Re: Uncut CDs
Oct 23, 2003, 13:04
Whole-heartedly agree. Can't remember the last one that was any way decent...
Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index