Register
Unsung Forum »
longest owned and unplayed

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PoohBear
PoohBear
62 posts

Re: Great finds on Uncut CDs from long ago..
Oct 27, 2003, 18:04
The Emmylou track is probably Michaelangelo or Wrecking Ball
Both fab and both to be found on Uncut CD's
Personally I like the magazine anyway so the CD is just a bonus but it has had some awesome stuff on it.
Jasonaparkes
Jasonaparkes
876 posts

Re: longest owned and unplayed
Oct 28, 2003, 08:48
Played it twice last night...I won't be again. It's fucking awful- makes Tom Petty sound like Pere Ubu. Thumbs down...
snatchfan
19 posts

Music For Airports
Oct 29, 2003, 14:36
have loved Eno's stuff since (especially in fact) the days of Warm Jets, Tiger Mountain, Another Green World, and like the early ambient stuff, Music For Films, etc. too... however, I've never yet been able to sit through Music For Airports for more than 5-10 minutes - have never heard the album in its entirety... and to think, some band have made a career of playing this music live!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Music For Airports
Oct 29, 2003, 20:01
If you didn't like the first track, play the last one. It's quite beautiful and dignified.
snatchfan
19 posts

Re: Music For Airports
Oct 29, 2003, 21:52
thanks for the tip Lawrence... will give it a go next time I dig out the vinyl.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

New Kingdom - 8 years and counting
Oct 30, 2003, 20:32
In the early-mid 90's there was this rap group called New Kingdom. Their first record "Heavy Load" was pretty good and unusual -- very druggy, fuzzy and "rock-ist" for hip-hop. In fact might be worthy of an Unsung review since it's so forgotten.

So then I got their second album "Paradise Don't Come Cheap", tried to listen to it once and gave up in disgust. A one hit wonder I guess.

So it's been about 8 years and I still haven't listened to the whole thing and maybe never will. I still have it though.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: New Kingdom - 8 years and counting
Oct 30, 2003, 21:28
I would like to hear the first New Kingdom album. You know I'm not much into hip-hop bar Public Enemy, but anything druggy/heavy is cool in my book!
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: New Kingdom - 8 years and counting
Oct 31, 2003, 11:35
Each to their own, I suppose. Thought "Paradise Don't Come Cheap" was great, meself.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: longest owned and unplayed
Oct 31, 2003, 11:37
If I were you elderford, I'd give that Lips box a spin if and when you have time. It's not as good as "The Day They Shot A Hole In The Jesus Egg" but it ain't half bad, either.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Great finds on Uncut CDs from long ago..
Oct 31, 2003, 11:40
Agreed about the declining state of Uncut CDs. Not only that, but the magazine itself its going down the shitter too in my opinion. Not only is it increasingly turning into something that would probably be better titled "Americana Monthly", they've also ditched the Sacred Cows column, which was my favoutite part of the mag. The Strange Days / Rock Follies columns are still pretty good, though.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index