Unsung Forum »
longest owned and unplayed

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Uncut CDs
Oct 23, 2003, 23:50
Uncut's early free CDs actually had good stuff on it but now it's all unlistenable, smarmy, sarcastic, "alternative country" piffle.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Spiritualized
Oct 23, 2003, 23:52
Maybe it was the cruddy cover-art.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: longest owned and unplayed
Oct 23, 2003, 23:56
Actually it may not be as good as the previous two albums, but much better than the last two! (Especially the last one in spite of what the critics say.)

Actually, I should've said A Way Of Life was BETTER than the second album!
Dwight Fried
543 posts

Re: Spiritualized
Oct 24, 2003, 00:24
What was it-a giant syringe with 'JESUS' written on it?
Fucking dunderheads.
Jasonaparkes
Jasonaparkes
876 posts

Oct 24, 2003, 00:36
Adventure by Television- I KNOW its crap & have owned a second hand copy since 1993 that I have never got round to playing. I also have a spare copy of Fleetwood Mac's Tusk- which comes with a wealth of inserts and makes a great tray!
Jasonaparkes
Jasonaparkes
876 posts

Re: Uncut CDs
Oct 24, 2003, 00:40
Uncut CDs were fine- even with some alt country piffle on- a year or so ago....marketing has lead them down the dubious avenue of 'themed' compilations & a glut of dull Dylan/Beatles/Stones/Mojo-VH1 notion of classic cover versions (often with two volumes, so people buy the mag twice)...They used to put out a CD of 16-19 tracks, from about 1998 to 2001ish of new songs, with the odd reissue classic in there. Lost track of the amount of great records I bought cos of them...there's the odd decent track on the recent ones, but an awful lot of chuff. Shame that...
direwolf
92 posts

Oct 24, 2003, 02:13
I bought a copy of Syd's "Madcap Laughs" on vinyl in 1987 that I've never played. But of course I had another copy spent much time on the turntable.
I also have a record by some metal band called Raven that was given to me in around 1985 that I haven't ever listened to either.
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Oct 24, 2003, 10:04
Erk! Raven... I remember them.... one of those dire NWOBHM bands in the early 80's... don't play it... step away from the turntable n' keep walking!
Gnomon
Gnomon
1121 posts

Great finds on Uncut CDs from long ago..
Oct 24, 2003, 10:45
Wholeheartedly agree.

There used to be a great song or two on each CD and you'd hunt out what it came from as a result.

Mano Chao springs immediately to mind. Also, a fine Emmylou Harris song that I'd never have heard anywhere else. Julie and Buddy Miller also.

It was always good to hear new (at least to yourself) stuff and read the review too. All the recent discs have remained unplayed...
elderford
482 posts

Re: a pedant writes...
Oct 24, 2003, 10:53
according to this website:

http://brutalmetal.com/cgi-bin/genrelist.cgi?Letter=A&Genre=1

Raven were/are a "classic heavy metal" band.

NWOBHM only lists four bands, fascinating stuff, i've never heard of the genre "grindcore".
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index