Unsung Forum »
longest owned and unplayed

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Serotonin
175 posts

Re: Uncut CDs
Oct 23, 2003, 13:12
Uncut are particularly guilty of knocking out increasingly pointless compilations. "Hey, let's take 20 or so latter day cult-ish going-on-mainstream artists, possibly alt-country ones, and get them all to cover the works of long-established artist, possibly someone oft held responsible for the bubonic plague on music that is the crop of latter-day alt-country artists. Then we'll do it 10 or 20 times and hope everyone is too enthralled in the magazines nice big pictures of CSN&Y in fringed jackets/Byrds with suede jackets and moptops/that picture of '65 Dylan in the studio with a Fender bass on to notice." Nice work if you can get it....

BTW in my first message I meant "still wrapped" not "unwrapped".
Monganaut
Monganaut
2376 posts

Re: longest owned and unplayed
Oct 23, 2003, 14:32
Ach you should...the first three tracks on side one are awesome.

As to longest owned/not played, that honour goes to a 3LP Pink Floyd live at The Wall bootleg thang someone gave me back in the 80's sometime (i think). Now that one will NEVER get an airing, i can assure you of that!!
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Oct 23, 2003, 14:39
Yeah, ditto on the three gents above. But aqk - give that World Domination Enterprises album a spin!
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Spiritualized
Oct 23, 2003, 15:28
I was bought Let It Come Down as a gift, and having loved 'Pure Phase' and liked 'Ladies and Gentlemen..' I still can't fathom why i never ever listened to Let It Come Down, not even one song. I eventually gave it away, with pangs of guilt for not having even listened to it. Sorry bro :-(

I think sometimes, you're just not 'at' where it's supposedly 'at'.

(no guilt towards Spiritualized of course)
Dwight Fried
543 posts

Re: Spiritualized
Oct 23, 2003, 16:43
Insipid, self-pitying junkie drivel that substitutes over-production and drug imagery for songs and ideas.
Sorry kids, but Jason Pierce is USELESS!
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Genesis
Oct 23, 2003, 17:38
In the throes of my interest in Peter Gabriel in the mid 80s, I bought a used (vinyl) copy of THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY. I never played it beyond side one but I still have it, somewhere...
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Oct 23, 2003, 18:44
Probably Oasis' Be Here Now - One great single and then tons of coke-addled, overproduced non-ideas and cack. If I had it on CD it might have got played more than once, but it's on double vinyl and I just cant be arsed with the work load for such poor, feeble returns.
Zos
389 posts

Oct 23, 2003, 19:17
Suicide: A Way of Life

Bought it three years ago, not played it yet. For the first two years it was 'cos I didn't have a record player, now I don't want to play it incase I am disappointed by it... is it any cop?!
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Re: Genesis
Oct 23, 2003, 21:31
Ohhh... smelly, insipid, concept kack!

I did seem to attract Yes albums at one point. Never bought a single one of their albums, but ended up with about five of them kicking about my record collection for years... and no one ever owned up to knowing where they came from... one of them was a triple album for god's sake!! Bloody dull mate... but made great ashtrays...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 23, 2003, 23:47
I played it three years later. Anyways I got it on CD now.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index