Stella Artois is not Vegetarian

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: how about...
Jan 05, 2003, 16:02
The Vegan Society thing also says 'Keg, canned, beersphere and some bottled beers are usually filtered without the use of animal substances', so maybe The Hen is like Black Sheep and vegan in bottles but not in cask.
RiotGibbon
1527 posts

STELLA!!!!!
Jan 05, 2003, 20:37
2 PARND A CAN!

3 FORRA FIVARRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

STELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take more than a vague rumour from some longhair to pluck those little red and white beauties from my hand.

McGrail and SethMan will remember me extolling it's virtues at the Royal Festival Hall, off me nut on ketamine ... I was telling them how it was France's finest cultural export, when Seth pointed out that the label clearly stated it was Belgian ...

I had for breakfast on New Years Day, I live and breath on it ... let's hear it for Stella! Only 6.49 for 8 from our offy at the mo', big cans as well

The Baghdaddies wrote a song about it (see above), the festy and free party economy would grind to a halt without it ... the Gibbonettes crack up every time they meet some one called Stella

STELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year

RG
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Is it OK for veges to eat lemmings?
Jan 09, 2003, 17:40
One of my carnivore friends asked me if I would, being a vege, and it was one of the rare occasions in my life when I was utterly lost for words. Are there any amateur philosophers out there who can help me solve this moral dilemma?
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Is it OK for veges to eat lemmings?
Jan 09, 2003, 19:23
Is roadkill ethically sound for veggies?
RiotGibbon
1527 posts

Jan 09, 2003, 19:43
my uncle Gilly once posed this dialemma as ..

"if you were on an antarctic expedition, and you ran out of food, would you eat a penguin?"

to which I replied that it was clearly a survival situation, and so in that case I would even eat him, if necessary. But otherwise, no ...

seemed to answer his question.

RG
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Jan 09, 2003, 19:58
Merrick and i were discussing this kind of thing last week actually. He mentioned a term to me that i'd not heard before - Free-gan.

In other words if you consume a piece of meat that is outside the chain of supply and demand (i.e. you see someone about to dump a steak into the bin), then there can be no question of ethics regarding eating it (though many veggies will still have an understandable squeamishness about it).

If you do not consume that steak, it is simply going to end up as landfill. Consuming it does not provide any additional money (and hence motivation to continue with current practices) to the meat industry.

And, by the way, i believe the idea that lemmings commit suicide is a myth (though don't know for sure).
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: leaping lemmings
Jan 09, 2003, 20:02
It isnt a myth They do jump off cliffs in huge numbers. No one knows why. Perhaps they keep thinking they have little jet packs on. I saw a film of it once and it was totally bonkers
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Is it OK for veges to eat penguins
Jan 09, 2003, 20:04
In the manual for artic exploration it clearly states if on the brink of starvation p-p-p-pick up a penguin.
Failing that you can stand it with bandit.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Is it OK for veges to eat penguins
Jan 09, 2003, 20:10
My mate's dad did his national service in Egypt. One of the survival things they taught him was to never eat a Polar Bear's liver.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: leaping lemmings
Jan 09, 2003, 20:15
i don't think so, Moon Cat.

This authorative page fails to even mention the
idea of mass suicide, despite having a section on
"Causes of death":

http://www.cws-scf.ec.gc.ca/hww-fap/hww-fap.cfm?ID_species=61&lang=e

According to biologist David Bauman:
"When they migrate, however, many do drown