British cities bombed in the Blitz

22 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: British cities bombed in the Blitz
Jun 06, 2017, 19:28
From my own experience actually knowing a (now dead) member of IS, most of the bombers themselves are extremely credulous types possibly with learning difficulties, or at least cut in that "newborn adult" mould, who are perfect for being reprogrammed into human weapons. The people doing the planning, however, are clearly much more assiduous and canny individuals, and I suspect their agenda is letting us know in the most horrific, explosive way possible that we are all in fact world citizens who won't be allowed to continue our dreams of mantelpieces and driveways any longer without experiencing a patina of the fear being felt in the epicentre of the war. So we may not be cowed, but that virulent germ has been planted and we are feeling it, and maybe we should? We've been solipsistic for too long, acting as if we only have compassion enough for ourselves and our immediate loved ones (the ancient Chinese philosopher Mozi wrote about the dangers of this 'tude). Whatever their agenda, I wonder if this side-effect of being forced to stare long and hard at parts of the world we'd otherwise sooner brush aside in our minds is actually a good thing. 'course blowing citizens up is unacceptable under any circumstances, but now that it's happened I think we should embrace the fear we're feeling as a way of uniting with the huddling, shuddering masses who got the fuzzy end of the geographical lollipop.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index