22 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Re: British cities bombed in the Blitz
Jun 06, 2017, 17:41
Thank you, I appreciate that.

As I hope most will have understood when I posted earlier, regardless of the number/percentage of cities bombed, the citizens of those cities that were heavily bombed (including London) were not cowed. LS is no doubt correct on the statistics, my bad. But I think it's insulting to Londoners and the British population generally to suggest that they have been "cowed" by the recent terrorist attacks, any more than they were by Nazi bombs or decades of IRA activities.

The statement that Sanctuary made from afar has been contradicted by London residents who post on here, with direct, personal knowledge of London at the present time.

I also stand by my opinion that a retreat into fear, knee-jerk reaction or running scared are not helpful responses and only serve the terrorists' purpose.

And as for dhajjie denying the civilian deaths in Iraq/Syria that his own country's military have acknowledged, that's insulting to people in those countries whose lives have been destroyed and continue to be destroyed on a massive scale.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index