Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Kiss and make up folks
Nov 22, 2002, 13:07
Eliza software?
777??

I fail to comprehend, but it still made me chuckle :)
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: BNP in Blackburn
Nov 22, 2002, 13:14
They managed to get in by FPTP. They wouldn't under PR. (Although they might still have some representation.)

On an aside (coz I think I might have said this before), at the time when they were getting in in Burnley I was reading a book by Zodia Mindwarp (absolute tosh). There's a bit where he's meeting up with a gang of Mexican Hell's Angels in Yorkshire (where he is from). They meet in a pub owned by a Nazi apologist, whish they then trash (both pub and apologist). when they mention it to Zed, he just wanders off murmering "yeah, there's a lot of them 'round here..."
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Nov 22, 2002, 13:19
I was actually refering to this thread in particular with the no analysis bit (which was correct at the time of writing).

We all (I hope) hate the fact that these biggoted (seems way too soft a word) bastards got an election victory, but why did they get it? I ain't from them parts - I go nowhere that has the A666! - and know nothing of the local feelings held there.

Is Blackburn really that way inclined or is it total voting apathy (I know the turnout was low) by people like me (although I always go to the ballot box - I just don't always vote) that has caused them to be allowed to get in?
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Nov 22, 2002, 13:22
The way I see it is that I know where I want to go.

I have NO idea how to get there.

I know the world I want is unreachable (who would accept me as God after all?)

I also believe that the world would be a better place if Dubya was shot and replaced by .... erm .... something better .... erm .... but I also know I ain't the man to do it.

I'll stick to my recycling and eco stuff from now on and avoid the politics threads :-) how's that?
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

simplification
Nov 22, 2002, 13:25
Isn't it just poverty+immigration=scapegoating ?

I don't know Blackburn well but it did seem pretty impoverished.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Back to the point (Action)
Nov 22, 2002, 13:28
So whats being organised.

Protest outside every known BNP party gathering ? That's how we dealt with them in Milton Keynes (and boy, they were big there).
Flyer the hell out of the area with details of the BNPs real agenda ? They are never, ever, honest about there true intentions. This gives you the moral freedom to make up allsorts of horror stories about their agenda (as if their real agenda isnt horrific enough anyway, but it's always good to embelish). Remember, their leader has no interest in the working class and believes in a system run by the 'blue-bloods'. This always, quite rightly, turns the working class against them.

Petition the people working at the council to have a policy of refusing to work with them ? This worked on Derek Beacon in Tower Hamlets by totally isolating him. They are incapable, and cannot ever, function within a council. They do not have the political framework to be able to do so. Their narrow minded policy cannot cope with the day to day issues of being a councillor, so underline that by turning council workers against them.

any other ideas ? Things planned ?
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Nov 22, 2002, 13:29
>> Your contributions never contribute

Having a larger than life opinion of my self import I would (obviously) disagree with you there. And I would ask you (oh stone thrower) to point out 3 instances where you contributions contributed :-)

That aside.

Do you listen to every BNP broadcast? Do you read every pamphlet they produce? Do you attend every rally?

No? ... Oh so you ignore them then? I see?

Same as me.

You failed to note the one thing I did say and that is

I ignore the party but give their followers full attention. (or something like that)

I do not ignore them and hope they go away. I don't listen to their bullshit because it sickens me. I've heard it all before and I don't want to hear it again. So I ignore it. However, I quite like arguing with anyone that tries to sell me their 'ideals' or behaves in the manner they have so beautifully mastered in my presence.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Nov 22, 2002, 13:30
NO!!! I'd miss your posts terribly. Underline, writ large, I ADMIRE YA, MAN.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

or something like that ...
Nov 22, 2002, 13:31
"Do they? I, personally, give them no attention! I give loads to the twats that support them though "

Is actually what I wrote. Which I believe is not 'ignoring them and hoping they'll go away'.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Nov 22, 2002, 13:36
and I always thought you hated me .....
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index