Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

What a terrible score!
Jun 28, 2016, 06:17
Morning Rhiannon!

The score so far.....

Immigration levels can't be radically reduced by leaving the EU.
The £350m claim was a mistake
We will not be able to spend that much extra on the NHS.
The UK will have to accept the free movement of EU citizens in return for access to the single market.

It is said: "So what, Remain lied too". But isn't there a big difference? The Remain lies did us no harm. The Brexit lies have delivered our country into the shit.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: What a terrible score!
Jun 28, 2016, 07:26
It's sad how easy it is to manipulate a harried, over-worked population. Make something up, a ton of people will read it, and by the time it's either denied or retracted the damage is already too big to undo. Not to mention far more people will have been exposed to the lie than the correction. It's a formula that's worked far too often, and will continue to do so until The Public belatedly gain a shred of political nous.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 07:36
Jeremy Hunt:

"We must not invoke Article 50 straight away because that puts a time limit of two years on negotiations after which we could be thrown out with no deal at all.
So before setting the clock ticking, we need to negotiate a deal and put it to the British people, either in a referendum or through the Conservative manifesto at a fresh General Election."

Sounds entirely sensible yet as from last Friday morning we have absolutely no say in whether it happens. We CAN be thrown out with no deal at all and can only beg for it not to happen. So much for "at last we've got our country back".
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Edited Jun 28, 2016, 07:48
Jun 28, 2016, 07:45
Morning :)

Sadly from what I heard yesterday from Osborne's equivalent in Germany on the radio - no negotiations until we press the button. He wants us out as soon as possible. So presumably that Hunt wasn't listening.

I like your list. And it'll only keep growing. I might start one of Remain doom-predictions that come true. University funding, the environment, oh many more.

At least we can all be as racist as we like now eh. Because you know, everyone thinks it don't they. Oh, they don't??? No they don't actually, it's just vicious right wing thugs and ignorant morons. Cameron's not going to stand for it apparently. Great.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 07:52
nigelswift wrote:
Morning Rhiannon!

The score so far.....

Immigration levels can't be radically reduced by leaving the EU.
The £350m claim was a mistake
We will not be able to spend that much extra on the NHS.
The UK will have to accept the free movement of EU citizens in return for access to the single market.

It is said: "So what, Remain lied too". But isn't there a big difference? The Remain lies did us no harm. The Brexit lies have delivered our country into the shit.

And some people still can't accept that they lost, offer their country no support to what lies ahead of us during the transition period and repeating over and over the same old diatribe. There is nothing worse than a poor loser continually trying to justify his own selfish viewpoint when he was soundly and fairly beaten in a democratic vote.
Right, must get on now supporting my country by doing my bit out on the moor in the pouring rain resurrecting yet another stone circle lost to nature. You should try it some time as it's much more satisfying than listening to your depressing rhetoric on a daily basis. Have a nice day.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Corbyn
Jun 28, 2016, 07:53
oh and by the way, what's all this with the shadow cabinet resigning? I can't see the People voting for anyone other than Jeremy again, why would they? I actually heard one of the traitors effectively saying 'he's an honourable and decent man, so he's got to go'. And last night's interview with Lord Falconer,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03zp2hl
the man just kept waffling and fluffing, it was pathetic.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 07:55
Ah what would you suggest, shall I phone up number 10 and give them a few rousing choruses of rule Britannia? Or do you think they'd like to hear my political suggestions? Or shall I buy something British? Or go and spit at a Polish person?

What are these supportive things you'd like me to be doing I wonder? I think probably just one ie Shut Up.

Perhaps Boris could do with a bit of your help at the moment. Or maybe it's better you just go and walk the dogs?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 07:57
Sanctuary, you have constantly insulted me and Rhiannon in a most unpleasant way. Please desist.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 07:57
Rhiannon wrote:
Ah what would you suggest, shall I phone up number 10 and give them a few rousing choruses of rule Britannia? Or do you think they'd like to hear my political suggestions? Or shall I buy something British? Or go and spit at a Polish person?

What are these supportive things you'd like me to be doing I wonder? I think probably just one ie Shut Up.

Perhaps Boris could do with a bit of your help at the moment. Or maybe it's better you just go and walk the dogs?

I'm enjoying the squirming denial.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 08:06
Sanctuary wrote:
must get on now supporting my country by doing my bit out on the moor in the pouring rain resurrecting yet another stone circle lost to nature. You should try it some time.

Yes, we do get it that you're a heritage hero - how could we not, given that you have pointed it out so often here and elsewhere?

I would ask you to bear a couple of things in mind however:
Many people do many things for heritage and other things without asking for recognition
and....
Brexit is likely to have a disastrous effect upon British heritage conservation in a number of ways
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index