Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: What a terrible score!
Jun 28, 2016, 08:23
nigelswift wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
must get on now supporting my country by doing my bit out on the moor in the pouring rain resurrecting yet another stone circle lost to nature. You should try it some time.

Yes, we do get it that you're a heritage hero - how could we not, given that you have pointed it out so often here and elsewhere?

I would ask you to bear a couple of things in mind however:
Many people do many things for heritage and other things without asking for recognition
and....
Brexit is likely to have a disastrous effect upon British heritage conservation in a number of ways

Likely to....here you go again, straight into a depressing outlook without anything yet to support those claims. This is a 'wait and see' situation but you don't seem to understand that. We have months of work ahead of us where people will be renegotiating good deals for this country in and outside of Europe and can do without your continual depressing and no hope approach to everything.

I don't need recognition just the chance to help out where and when I can so so don't try that one on me as a cheap shot, something you seem to be particularly good at I've noticed over the years.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 08:34
Sanctuary wrote:
I don't need recognition

Stop endlessly going on and on about it then. Simples.

Do you know what Rhiannon has done for heritage (she who you slapped down with "Ridiculous and misleading post.")? No, thought not.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6219 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 09:17
You can add Human Rights Act will be repealed to that, as it is only there to implement European Convention into UK law.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6219 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 09:20
Bye then.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 09:35
[quote="Sanctuary"]
Likely to....here you go again, straight into a depressing outlook without anything yet to support those claims. This is a 'wait and see' situation but you don't seem to understand that.

Actually, FYI....
NFU president Meurig Raymond has said the referendum result was a “political car crash.... The average income of a farmer was just over £20,000 in 2014, and 55% of that was EU money”
It's a fact that a significant portion of that 55% was in the form of grants to compensate farmers to adopt heritage friendly methods and I think I'm well justified in thinking the Tories won't replace that money and that heritage is "likely to" suffer immensely. Or should we all pretend the Tories are something they aren't, and all will be well, to spare some people's blushes?
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 09:56
Were there any consequences of a Remain result beyond things remaining as they were? Any restrictions the EU were likely to feel safe imposing because of it? I haven't heard anything.
Whereas Leave was inherently about some change. Most immediately the UK being further in the hands of a party that a lot of people didn't want. I've seen comment that only 13% of the population voted for them. But since they got the higher minority of those that did actually vote they're now in power.
Which might just indicate there was a need for change anyway.
Hopefully this referendum has buggered them up royally as a party. I think it's also helped oust the right wing of the Labour party from positions of potential power which is great. Hope Labour cease to be Blairite Tory Lite.
If the UK referendum does also lead to the EU rethinking itself that might be a bonus.
&as far as I'm aware there are still a number of hurdles to block the UK actually leaving so hope it don't.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6219 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 10:05
Exactly. There has been a constant response of "Remain lied too" but as yet whenever asked for specifics there has been a deathly silence.

As for Labour, Corbyn has lost all support in the PLP despite his leadership winning all by-elections and the London mayoral election and despite two thirds of Labour voters voting Remain. I will be interested to see who stands against him in the now inevitable leadership election.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6219 posts

Farage
Jun 28, 2016, 10:33
Worth watching Farage abuse a room full of Euro MEPs "none of you have ever had a proper job". He'll be an asset in getting a good deal.

Marine Le Pen praises him, one fascist to another. Brings a tear to the eye.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Jun 28, 2016, 10:50
Jun 28, 2016, 10:41
I'm not going to keep on hammering away at you after this, as you're evidently a real and vulnerable human being who just happens to see the world through a different filter than me (it's far too easy to forget that these are unarmoured people at the receiving end of our posts, at least for someone like me who never quite got to grips with the internet). But what I do want to say is what you see as negativity, as being sore losers, as rhetoric, is actually compassion for those caught in the cross-fire; it's hurt people consoling themselves with maybe a bit of invective against those we believe are in it for themselves. It makes us feel better and helps us get off the ground. You came at us with a similar get over it attitude post-election. You must know that won't go down well with people who are still reeling in a state of shock. It's not negativity or a lack of love of country that has us so rattled, it's seeing our hopes raised and dashed time and again; we are spurned lovers whose only crime is not being cynical and hardened enough. Having lived with the E.U for forty years, you must be able to sympathise with the feeling you get when you want something with all your heart but don't get it.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Farage
Jun 28, 2016, 10:47
He worked in banking didn't he? He's never got his hands dirty in his entire life, which is part of what I'd call a proper job, where you at least break a sweat. Ok I do finance and admin now, but at least I've had time in construction and steelworks as well.

He's only grabbing now as he's probably just realised that he's not going to have a job for much longer!

Also as he worked in banking how the hell didn't he realise the pound crashing was going to happen? Everyone else did! maybe that's why he's now only the leader of ukip and not someone important!
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index