47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Re: 10 years old............
Dec 06, 2015, 23:39
thesweetcheat wrote:
dhajjieboy wrote:
I can assure you they maintain very active interest in goings on at home.
They have opininions that matter. As much as your feelings about America.
I will be maintaining a very active interest in the UK position in matters of late. I for one (as mentioned elsewhere} am very proud of your Parliaments stance in solidarity with the west, and so are citizens of the U.K. that i actually know.

A bunch of retired people who have moved to America are not representative of the British people, any more than Nigel Farage is.

And as for "as much as your feelings about America":

I have no interest in the US. I never want to go there, I don't have any interest in the scenery or the limited history and by and large the culture leaves me absolutely cold. I don't like guns, I don't eat meat, I don't drive a car. I don't really give a toss about domestic goings on in the US. I only care when US foreign policy affects the rest of us.

Not one single person I know from my place of work or elsewhere (so that's a pretty broad range of UK citizens with a cross-section of very different politics) thinks that the decision to drop bombs on Syria will have any beneficial effect on stopping IS whatsoever. Most (probably all) agree that IS are Bad, but dropping bombs with no other strategy isn't viewed as a sensible solution at all.

In fact, most people here are now feeling much less safe, despite the assertions of our hopeless Foreign Secretary. None of them have expressed any pride in our parliament's stance - for the most part because they don't like the idea of pointlessly killing civilians while making a bad situation worse in a way that will directly come back to haunt us.

Even Blair has admitted that IS only exist because of Iraq and the West's catastrophic meddling in the Middle East.

OK, i get it...'America sucks'.
I also understand that according to you there is going to be indiscriminate carpet bombings here there and everywhere.
I also think it's interesting the way you clipped out that the UK residents are not US citizens and only winter here....i guess to press YOUR point.
I can dig that.
The hand wringing is over though.
As i said, it's time to take the justice to them via coalition.
I'm completely down with that.
We'll see how your public opinion polls swing in a week too.
So far...like a pendulum.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index