dhajjieboy
913 posts

Edited Dec 06, 2015, 22:55
Re: 10 years old............
Dec 06, 2015, 22:36
thesweetcheat wrote:
dhajjieboy wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
You and over half of the population now.

This is interesting indeed.
Can you post a reliable poll or news organization link that substantiates this ?
We have several members within various organizations that i am affiliated with here in the states who have origins from the U.K. (retired mostly here in Florida}, they have voiced empahtic distain of these 'situations' as of late...and very vocal support of shall we say, 'a need to address this'.
It may come as a surprise that they are all most welcome in my home as friends too.

The Times (hardly a left-leaning publication) published figures a couple of days ago that from a YouGov independent poll (it's an opinion poll, not a referendum) that stated that only 48% of people in the UK support airstrikes, which has fallen by 11% since the parliamentary debates:

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/12/02/analysis-sharp-fall-support-air-strikes-syria/

As for your acquaintances, what bearing does their views have on the feeling of the UK populace? They don't live here.

It's interesting that you immediately assumed 'they don't live here'...
In fact they do by and large. They are amongst many who winter over in Florida and still maintain there U.K. citizenships. They are 'snowbirds'.
They worked all there lives and enjoy retirement here in the winter months.
I can assure you they maintain very active interest in goings on at home.
They have opininions that matter. As much as your feelings about America.
I will be maintaining a very active interest in the UK position in matters of late. I for one (as mentioned elsewhere} am very proud of your Parliaments stance in solidarity with the west, and so are citizens of the U.K. that i actually know.
As mentioned elsewhere too....
"Expats have, in my opinion, the bad habit of poking their nose in the affairs of the old country"....
Wow, just wow....
The solutions we need now way exceed borders.
Also regarding your link...same organization just days before:

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/11/25/strong-and-continued-support-raf-air-strikes-syria/

59% public support.
Help me out here...
UK opinion that fickle?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index