40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
carol27
747 posts

Edited Jul 09, 2015, 16:15
Re: Budget 2015
Jul 09, 2015, 16:12
tjj wrote:
Thank you for your post Carol, a moving read and one I can relate to it. One of the reasons I left London was to get my youngest son away from a certain crowd he had fallen in with. I gave him a choice of coming with me or leaving home - he left home and moved to Brighton, has never looked back.

Eldest son stayed in London and when he's not doing his day job (which pays for mortgage/food/bills) he's busy deejaying at house music parties. Although he has his own family now he's not too keen on letting go of his former life. I stay out of it.

Yes, it gets ridiculous. I still think of them as boys, but really they're men. They make their own choices. At first I was scared all the time, I thought he'd die like his best friend did, overdosing in front of him. Such a bright lad. He's stolen & lied so much; & yet he lets me hold him for ever. It's the deadness in his eyes; this other creature he becomes. He's the most creative son; he can paint, play amazing guitar & tell you any old shit that I used to fall for all the time. I love from a distance now (emotionally). Enough. Thanks for support.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index