Budget 2015

40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
carol27
747 posts

Edited Jul 09, 2015, 10:15
Re: Budget 2015
Jul 09, 2015, 09:57
Gaining promotion on merit is his own equivalent of a degree; tell your son that tjj, & just as, if not more richly deserved. My middle son hasn't a qualification to his name, being a rebel & a reprobate from a very early age! Yet he forges ahead using his hands & his unique way of thinking; & not, thankfully in a criminal way! We now go to him for advice; he is so sure footed.
My eldest son has been lost in the world of addiction & it's subsequent mental health issues. It's a terrifying situation & my heart has been broken a hundred times over, but not as much as his. He remains my beautiful, introverted, too sensitive boy. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high at the moment, but I think there may at last be light at the end of the tunnel. And, indeed he does still rely on the benefit system at times, at the tax payers expense ( so my last post wasn't entirely honest!) but he's trying.
Degrees aren't everything. In my previous employment I worked alongside some people who were degreed up to the eyeballs, but still could barely string an empathetic sentence together!
Gabe wants to go for a specific reason & I want him away from some of the malign influences which his elder brother fell prey to ( although our experiences with him have been a salutary lesson anyway.) So, by hook or by crook....
There's no reason to feel like you've failed him tjj, he's doing well. I've felt like a failure so many times with my eldest, & people do judge & I have made many mistakes. I believe addiction has a genetic component & I've fought my own demons like other of my family members. Did my son inherit this from me? But I no longer torture myself with this; it serves no purpose. He has to, & is fighting, & again, by hook or by crook we'll be alongside him. That's more important than any degree.
Phew, that was an offloading! Best wishes.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index