Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited May 08, 2015, 22:32
TO ANY SCOT WHO VOTED 'NO' ON 18 SEPT 2014
May 08, 2015, 21:58
Enjoy the next five years fuckwits. Your rank corrupt Westminster chickens have come home to roost.

How I despise every last one of you. The rest of us will have to hope the glorious SNP 56 can 'mitigate' your stunning lack of vision and moral cowardice.

As for the English: WTF were you thinking?!

(From the legendary Jock Scot. Get it right up ye!:)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i0feQ8zeCEo&feature=em-subs_digest
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Re: TO ANY SCOT WHO VOTED 'NO' ON 18 SEPT 2014
May 08, 2015, 22:33
Excellent, the Tories will love watching the left blaming each other.
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited May 08, 2015, 23:34
May 08, 2015, 23:10
Who is 'the left' in your argument? Ed Miliband's Labour (who supported further 'Austerity' cuts?). This is about who governs Scotland. The party we elect, or the one continually foisted on us by England (with over 10 times our population there's little we can do about it under the current electoral hegemony)? Can't moan about getting shat on by the Tories (or fucking 'New' Labour) in Westminster if you voted 'NO' to independence. Simple. Do try to keep up.

Still hopeful the 'United Kingdom' is in it's death throes. Just taking longer than I would have hoped. A few more people (6% swing from 18/9/14 result) need to wise up / die off, and we'll get there. The tide does seem to be becoming inexorable. Time will tell. I live in hope.

(No reason at all that the individual nations of the UK can't remain on friendly terms, though.)
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

May 09, 2015, 13:55
thispoison wrote:
Who is 'the left' in your argument? Ed Miliband's Labour (who supported further 'Austerity' cuts?). This is about who governs Scotland. The party we elect, or the one continually foisted on us by England (with over 10 times our population there's little we can do about it under the current electoral hegemony)? Can't moan about getting shat on by the Tories (or fucking 'New' Labour) in Westminster if you voted 'NO' to independence. Simple. Do try to keep up.

Still hopeful the 'United Kingdom' is in it's death throes. Just taking longer than I would have hoped. A few more people (6% swing from 18/9/14 result) need to wise up / die off, and we'll get there. The tide does seem to be becoming inexorable. Time will tell. I live in hope.

(No reason at all that the individual nations of the UK can't remain on friendly terms, though.)

Who's the left? I'm the left. I am seriously gutted by the result that got the Tories in. I live in London which is mainly Labour, and I'm Scottish. A double gut punch. I will do everything I can to change local and regional concerns. You may have seen Russell Brand in his statement. Pretty much spot on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRUQ6aPvs58
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

May 09, 2015, 14:59
Well the party that's going to govern Scotland will be the one in No.10 as Scotland is still a part of the UK, and don't expect a referendum anytime soon, the SNP were told before the last one that was a once in a generation thing.

I do agree that the tide is changing towards independence in Scotland, and hopefully Wales and NI next. However England needs a devolved govt so all nations can work together as a new union together equally. That's what I'd like to see.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited May 09, 2015, 15:36
May 09, 2015, 15:34
Captain Starlet wrote:
Well the party that's going to govern Scotland will be the one in No.10 as Scotland is still a part of the UK, and don't expect a referendum anytime soon, the SNP were told before the last one that was a once in a generation thing.

I do agree that the tide is changing towards independence in Scotland, and hopefully Wales and NI next. However England needs a devolved govt so all nations can work together as a new union together equally. That's what I'd like to see.

The party who governs Scotland (even with a devolved parliament) in reality are not the SNP, it's the fucking Tories. And we will change that!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-scotland-32672244
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

May 09, 2015, 15:43
It was obvious it was going to be either the tories or Labour running it, no idea why people thought it was all going to change after the election. Things will change yes, but not over night. I live in Wales, we were hoping that the indy vote was going to be a yes as well as it would have given the no voters here a bit of a kick!
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

May 09, 2015, 15:58
BBC Scotland prog. Interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05w94qq/reporting-scotland-08052015
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited May 09, 2015, 16:21
May 09, 2015, 16:05
BTW, I know 'constutionally' we require Westminster approval to conduct another referendum (and I'm not expecting another one this year or next), but if the Scottish electorate vote SNP when they have a referendum in their manifesto, then it WILL be so, and woebetide any Westminster Govt who denies the settled democratic will of the Scottish people. That really would be "game on" in a way should terrify Cameron (or the Queen).

Re-post from 'Wings Over Scotland' below. Couldn't put it better.:

"Proud Cybernat says:9 May, 2015 at 12:55 pm
The Tories won only in England, nowhere else. How can that outcome be remotely seen by the Tories and their chums in the right-wing Tory press as somehow a legitimate UK Govt.? They have moral authority only to govern England. But while Scotland remains chained to this Union, Cameron & Co ignore Scotland’s voice, our elected SNP representation, at their peril. They ought to realise by now that the ‘Scottish Problem’ is not going to go away any time soon and that their beloved UK is within one more plebiscite from breaking apart. The only hope for any form of a UK continuing is for the UK Govt to give in to SNP demands for Devo-Max with phased-in FFR.Enough Scots might settle for that arrangement Fail to deliver and the UK truly is finished. No ifs, no buts. It is over. Surely Cameron must see that? I fnot then he is actually an idiot and not the devious b*****d politician many think him to be. Game on."
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited May 09, 2015, 16:20
May 09, 2015, 16:13
RE-POSTED MESSAGE - CAN'T DELETE THIS!
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index