Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited May 10, 2015, 14:09
Re: TO ANY SCOT WHO VOTED 'NO' ON 18 SEPT 2014
May 10, 2015, 13:56
Labour, royally fucked up in Scotland. Hear the populous now? I just went out and bought a rather expensive bottle of malt whisky. I shall make a toast the 56 Bravehearts, who WILL make a difference!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

May 10, 2015, 14:51
Markoid wrote:
Labour, royally fucked up in Scotland.

Yes. Regrettably, the people fucked up in England and Wales.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited May 10, 2015, 15:32
May 10, 2015, 15:22
Markoid wrote:

Labour, royally fucked up in Scotland. Hear the populous now? I just went out and bought a rather expensive bottle of malt whisky. I shall make a toast the 56 Bravehearts, who WILL make a difference!

'Bravehearts?'

Oh lordy.
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

May 11, 2015, 10:05
Hmmm - democracy's a funny old thing really...

95% of available seats from just 50% of the vote (with a 70% turnout)? By my reckoning just over a third of Scotland has 'roared'!

No really any more of a glorious victory than the 'no' campaign scraping over the line last year?

Seems like - whatever your views are - that Scotland has a lot more soul searching to do before there's a decisive majority view either way on this question?

Love all the debatable (debating) rhetoric mind......
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited May 11, 2015, 13:18
May 11, 2015, 13:07
Living up here I am shitting myself not knowing what's going to happen next.
I voted 'no' I didn't give a stuff about 'further devolution' but it has been a constant narrative based on nothing.
Our vote is not being respected.
So what if 56 SNP mps are sitting in Westminster?
Good for them but that's all it means.
It shouldn't 'mean' anything else.
Our income tax, our tax credits, our child benefit, our pensions (when we are older) - where does it all come from?
Some new system not even half cooked yet?
The warnings about a 'race to the bottom' would still apply.
No good for any of us either in England or Scotland or Wales or NI, (undercutting on a grand scale).
A mess in the making.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

May 11, 2015, 15:22
Whatever the case, these people are still your countrymen.
Work within.
Impart positive change without.
And 'Fuckwits'....? Kind'a talk iszat?
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

May 13, 2015, 13:59
the first past the post has come home to roost on the Unionists. It worked for the Unionists in keeping SNP and Greens out. Now it has failed and they don't like it. And party that has always disliked first past the post won 56 seats. PR would help the party I belong to but I respect the decision of the voters in Scotland.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

May 13, 2015, 14:02
Surely the revenge the Conservative and Unionist party are taking out on the Welfare system (picking on the disadvantaged is really brave), on the NHS with privatisation (picking on the ill and the nurses), human rights, the BBC etc etc must be joy to Vote No people. Doesn't make the rest of us happy seeing this misery being piled on to those that can't fight back.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

May 13, 2015, 14:06
thispoison wrote:
Enjoy the next five years fuckwits. Your rank corrupt Westminster chickens have come home to roost.

How I despise every last one of you. The rest of us will have to hope the glorious SNP 56 can 'mitigate' your stunning lack of vision and moral cowardice.

As for the English: WTF were you thinking?!

(From the legendary Jock Scot. Get it right up ye!:)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i0feQ8zeCEo&feature=em-subs_digest

Hardly helpful tho some of that language. I am delighted about the result tho 56 SNP MPs is a good thing but I would have liked some Green MPs being a member of the Scottish Greens. Pity down south didn't vote a few in along with some more Plaid MPs in Wales.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

May 13, 2015, 17:06
Plaid have been a bit stagnant around here, where I live the representation is almost invisible and why would people vote for a party that can't even promote a representative in the third largest city in Wales? Also for many people they promote 'Welshness' more than promoting Wales, so they tend to put a few people off as they very often don't engage with people and on topics that are more important.

If they got their fingers out a lot more people would support them, including myself.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index