The News

30 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: The News
Jan 30, 2015, 11:46
Anyone else feel like you've only got so much time to cram in reading, so you might as well spend that time reading a killer novel or history book instead? I mean, I remember nigh on every book I've ever read, but I can't say that 28th July 1994 newsday was a fucking doozy, easily in my Top 300. Keeping abreast of shit is a career unto itself. I know we all have some obligation to inform ourselves of the world's ins and outs, but I'm not entirely sure I want to. I think cutting off your connection to the world, focusing on your family- yours and your own- is usually the beginnings of some kind of lifelong conservatism, but I don't think I'm coming at it from that angle...at least I hope not. Also, I do think everything you read changes your inner-prose (or your writing style if you happen to be a writer), and the way the news is written is so smegging anonymous, so bogged down with the same set of idioms, I feel like I'm actively doing myself harm reading from even the supposedly more inspired broadsheets.

U-Know! Forum Index