U-Know! Forum »
The News

30 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
espsummer
340 posts

Re: The News
Jan 30, 2015, 07:06
its interesting how we get our news these days. Nothing seems "official" anymore. When i was growing up it was literally CBS, NBC, ABC. Now with more choice its as if the floodgates have opened and with this choice you can form you own world view based upon a wide variety of news sources that are pandering to the many different types of political mindsets that exist. Of course in the old days you may very well not even hear about things that a corporation did not want known because of their personal interest but today you just surf from source to source often just to reinforce your own viewpoints. Huffington Post is an onslaught of liberal views, terrible click bait, and the endless "lists of why you should do this or not do that", as well as general TMZ reporting. After visiting the page for a while you say to yourself "what the hell am i doing?" CNN is just as bad or perhaps worse. Their new design is purely click bait often now as video rather that articles to read. In the end you feel as an onlooker disconnected in a vast universe of the most important to the most miniscule of information just going by in an absurd circus that cannot be stopped. Its an entertainment of distraction and as long as you are distracted by Papa John eating pizza with a fork then you are not going to think about him cutting employee hours so he does not have to pay for Obamacare and can line his pockets even more at the expense of others........But hey he's a just a regular guy now because he did a funny thing. Glad i clicked on that article. All is forgiven.

U-Know! Forum Index