Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Edited Jan 29, 2015, 15:53
The News
Jan 29, 2015, 15:52
I'm getting increasingly saddened really that I have to follow non UK/US news sites to find out what's going on in the world. I do believe that the bias in western press is either so controlled that they're scared to speak out against some form go agenda, so politically bias that they're just stuck with their heads up their arses or just don't give a shit about what's happening in the world as they're all too busy sucking farage's balls!

All we get told is to blame immigrants, blame Muslims, blame everyone who doesn't fit into the western bullshit ideologies, it reminds me of harkening back to imperialism, in that the British government/Monarchy should control everything. It's hardly surprising that there's so much hate in this country when people are being fed bullshit for breakfast.

Rant over (until I think of something else).
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Re: The News
Jan 29, 2015, 16:41
Captain Starlet wrote:
I'm getting increasingly saddened really that I have to follow non UK/US news sites to find out what's going on in the world. I do believe that the bias in western press is either so controlled that they're scared to speak out against some form go agenda, so politically bias that they're just stuck with their heads up their arses or just don't give a shit about what's happening in the world as they're all too busy sucking farage's balls!

All we get told is to blame immigrants, blame Muslims, blame everyone who doesn't fit into the western bullshit ideologies, it reminds me of harkening back to imperialism, in that the British government/Monarchy should control everything. It's hardly surprising that there's so much hate in this country when people are being fed bullshit for breakfast.

Rant over (until I think of something else).

Oh come on man! Are you telling us your so naïve that it just now occurred to you the the media slants its stories to make the west seem like the victim? are you also so navie to think that the middle east,the ussr,n korea and all parts inbetween don't do the same? Really? the media is the MOST powerful weapon ever created it can influence millions with the stroke of a pen,this is not new its been going on as long as there as been people on earth. get off your soapbox with your self hatred and loathing of the world which you are a citizen of.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jan 29, 2015, 16:46
zzzzzzzzz
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jan 29, 2015, 17:10
So long as news conglomerates are either run by investors who have a vested interest in propagating certain stories as the outcome makes them profit, or government shills, democracy will remain a sham. If the only thing people base their vote on is what they're told, and the people doing the telling are predisposed to spin a certain narrative, to editorialise and whip up whirlwinds for profit, their vote will be based on flawed information. The alternative...? To have the main print and news media be run outside of the realm of profit and the government- a separate wing which, outside of a few ground rules (which are written in the public's interest, not the government or industries), can't be interfered with by anyone.

The current capitalist system is the problem. I'm not saying it's the west's or east's fault (though industrialisation as a system began in England, before our stick-in-the-mudness lead us to pooh-pooh better machinery and America superseded us). If it's profitable to withhold aids medication from Africa, or induce wars, or to be in cahoots with the psychiatric industry to keep patients on medication, then some nefarious schwein will do everything in their power to make it so, and they have. It is not a state of affairs which works in our interest. I'm glad Greece have said bollocks to capitalism with their recent elections. It's heartening. It must take a bit of the ol' "If you ain't got nothin' you got nothin' to lose" before people are willing to try a new status quo than the current one.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jan 29, 2015, 17:24
By the way, the BBC is not that and never has. They have an awful knack for narrowing down the parameters of a debate to something squarely within their own terms, then letting you duke it out within that narrow spectrum. It gives the illusion of objectivity, as the debate can be as lively as you like within this cramped arena. The moment you expand the remit of the debate to something outside of their self-defined comfort zone, you become taboo, a whack-job. This isn't free news either.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Jan 29, 2015, 17:26
Sin Agog wrote:
So long as news conglomerates are either run by investors who have a vested interest in propagating certain stories as the outcome makes them profit, or government shills, democracy will remain a sham. If the only thing people base their vote on is what they're told, and the people doing the telling are predisposed to spin a certain narrative, to editorialise and whip up whirlwinds for profit, their vote will be based on flawed information. The alternative...? To have the main print and news media be run outside of the realm of profit and the government- a separate wing which, outside of a few ground rules (which are written in the public's interest, not the government or industries), can't be interfered with by anyone.

The current capitalist system is the problem. I'm not saying it's the west's or east's fault (though industrialisation as a system began in England, before our stick-in-the-mudness lead us to pooh-pooh better machinery and America superseded us). If it's profitable to withhold aids medication from Africa, or induce wars, or to be in cahoots with the psychiatric industry to keep patients on medication, then some nefarious schwein will do everything in their power to make it so, and they have. It is not a state of affairs which works in our interest. I'm glad Greece have said bollocks to capitalism with their recent elections. It's heartening. It must take a bit of the ol' "If you ain't got nothin' you got nothin' to lose" before people are willing to try a new status quo than the current one.

Your not going to like this coming from me but ...I agree with most of what your saying and appreciate that you can convey it without crying how evil we are. Power corrupts EVERYWHERE, the media is power therefore corrupt. Its a simple concept and it amazes me that someone could find this profound.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jan 29, 2015, 17:47
Exactly right. I put this post up as it's really just grating on me lately and you look at the more fascist parties like ukip getting more and more exposure which drowns out the voices of common sense and partiality.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jan 29, 2015, 17:47
Kudos to Greece!
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jan 29, 2015, 18:20
I honestly don't know if the English news focuses way more on English events than other countries' news outlets. I guess people from smaller countries are pretty much cornered into caring more about the world around them, 'cause they'll eventually hit a brick wall focusing on their own goings-on. I don't really watch the news, and I'm always fucking shocked at how newspaper headlines don't even try to keep their cool anymore. Whenever I do come into contact with big news, I do often find myself wishing we'd dig a little deeper into the world, show their everyday struggles, rather than make 'em all out as crazy loonie toons. But that's what [good] documentaries are for. I've pretty much reached the point where I have to retreat into my head, or into nature, where the atmosphere's so much healthier than the fearfearfearfearfearfear being sold to me wherever I turn.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Edited Jan 29, 2015, 18:56
Jan 29, 2015, 18:36
Being in the u.s. Most all news coverage is about the u.s. Honestly I couldn't tell you the name of who us in power in Canada or Mexico ( our bordering countries) without looking it up. Never the less I DO believe that most all media is nothing more than mind control this includes foreign media and domestic. Not to say they are intertwined as I think they are all self serving, however unlike you I do believe that evil exists that is not a product of the wests deeds and that when appropriate it needs to be dealt with for our own perseverance.

To clarify what im saying is I respect an opinion that is well thought out as yours was rather than the blanket of "im so ashamed to part of this society" while reaping its benefits.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index