Re: The News
Jan 30, 2015, 18:00
Markoid wrote:
billding68 wrote:
Markoid wrote:
billding68 wrote:
Markoid wrote:
billding68 wrote:
[quote="Sin Agog"]I agree Pakistan and some aspects of Sharia law there are pretty effed up (though the country of Pakistan should never have been made in the first place- by a couple of English gents, over a dinner table). I just don't think it's up to us to put things in order. You can't be a moral force with guns in your hands. It's just a stupid, absurd image.

And has any American-intervention ever been resolved amicably? Has it ever improved much of anything. or has it just pissed a bunch of people off? Why not try a new system of actively helping out. When Russia was in some dire financial straits in the late '70s, Carter agreed to ship them wheat in exchange for a change in their humanitarian policies- letting some of those who wanted to leave the country do so. It worked. There's no remunerative gain to be had out of this method, but if our aim was to truly help people out in need of helping, we could do so much better without wielding a single gun. Unfortunately, that is not our aim. Evil (which, yeah, I don't think really exists) cannot be countered by acting evil. People learn by example. Children learn that way. Adults learn that way. Species learn that way.

The U.S. leads the world (as it should) in foreign aid

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/30/us-foreign-aid-by-country_n_1837824.html

Really? I'm actually not allowed to go to the US to visit a friend in Boston, due to misdemeanour a long time ago. I didn't kill anybody!

I, and I say I am not welcome in your country, apparentely. Bin Laden was though, selling weapons to yous lot! The UK is slightly better in that aspect though.. Democracy?

My friend in Boston said "Hi Marko!

A very happy new year to you, too!

I'm sorry to hear that the US is holding a grudge about something. They did the same with John Lennon.

Have a great celebration in London. Probably a better place to be anyway. Or Glasgow, if you happen to be there. Definitely a great place to be!"

So how does your misdemeanor have any baring on the amount of U.S. aid given out? I don't understand your comment or how the two relate sorry.

I am not a threat to your society, or possibly I am?

If not barred from anything, then you're doing

The immigration laws have nothing to do at all with our foreign aid policies I'm still trying to wrap my head around the point your trying to make.sucks you can't enter the country I get that but what's that got to do with this topic.

Quite alot! I had to leave Australia due to poor Immigration policy. My wife and my then family. I was quite happy there.

Imagine being chucked out of a country? I had to leave before the authorities told me to (visa)...with my then girlfriend who is allowed to live here in the UK.

I had a good job and the future may have been bright.

I hated the racism.

I also think the EU is a good idea.

So Fuck!

well all that really sucks,pity my brother is no longer in the U.S. (he's in Pakistan for the next 3-5 yrs)he may have been able to give you some tips on getting in . I haven't tried to leave the U.S. myself since my own legal trouble which I wont get into here (but have been discussed here in the past)so I know it can be devastating to families but you have to remember immigration in most countries is a big ugly broken machine.

U-Know! Forum Index