Chomsky on Iraq

55 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: An analogy
Oct 18, 2002, 11:13
Too right I wouldn't go out an kill phoney or Dubya ... unless they directly threatened me or my family of my friends. But I also could not take any action that I know will or could kill innocents.

I could however take actions that will damage fat cats bank accounts and have done so many times.

I have put my *own* body on the line many times to protect something I care about, but I would never put someone else's on that same line, especially if they didn't even know the line was there. I would, however, endeavour to let them know the line was there to be stood upon and hope that they joined me willingly.

Would you ask for 500 volunteer grannies or hospital patients to willingly volunteer to go without oil based products for a few weeks as a protest against the actions? Maybe you could, but I couldn't and I don't think many people could. And I certainly think you would not find many people to do it. So how could you force them into this situation?

Yes! This situation needs action and it needs mass action, but non violent action is a must. civil disobedience and dispruption of non-essential but luxory things is the key. Allow ordinary people to live but deprive the richer people the good life. You and your cause will earn more support and respect that way.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index