U-Know! Forum »
Back in the DHSS

40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Re: My fave bit is Haarlem
Sep 11, 2002, 21:07
Heard its a lovely place but only ever passed thru it. When I first arrived my impression was the whole country was a cultural desert around the oasis of Amsterdam, but I was wrong. I was surprised that they have such nice (fake, practical) beaches too. What freaked me was the fact its so overcrowded everywhere all the time. 3am on any beach there'll be 50 other folk. You are making me miss it a wee bit but I shan't go back (loud applause from the Netherlands).

I reckon the reason they are so good at football is because the country is so flat, a view easily justified when looking at Scotlands mountains and national team. The first time my girlfriend knew what a handbrake was for (or even the name of it) was when we were rolling backwards down a Belgian hill.

A blonde Scots friend came out to visit me, and as she was walking down the road someone who was washing their car hosed her down. When she complained the apology was 'Sorry, thought you were German'. Only time a Dutch guy bought me a pint was when Scotland beat Germany 2-0.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index