Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9572 posts

Re: NEW FEATURE: Advice to Demonstrators After the Trashing of Millbank
Nov 17, 2010, 19:15
Merrick wrote:

Examples?

I've pointed at least a couple out at the time. One concerned your statement in relation to the use of harassment notices.

Anyway, I'm glad you the condemn the extinguisher incident. Once people say it's acceptable to use violence in the name of your beliefs one is giving tacit permission for fascists to break into a mosque and use violence there in the name of their 'beliefs'.
keith a
9572 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 19:16
When you're selective in what you include and when you write things that are untrue.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 19:18
Merrick,
YOU STINK. I do not retract my remark. You are quite mistaken to think that i could care less what others here think of my remark towards you.
It was a direct reply to you.
That said, i notice that you made no mention about my comment about your not noticing the source of the BONO slander{Rupert Murdoch} post that you took a part in.You never did revisit that excrable thread after the true facts of the matter became evident. That alone proved your wankiness to me for all time. Again, i don't give a shit what others here think about that. I direct that to you and YOU alone. You want to hold the moral highground? You really need to brush up on your ethics mister.
It certainly did not go unnoticed by me that the title of of your thread is "Advice to Demonstrators After the Trashing of Millbank"
What the fuck does "Trashing" have to do with Demonstrating? Or storming? Or the unforgivably cuntish act of nearly killing someone with a thrown fire extinguisher? Why do you counter a specific act of stupidity with cited examples of other examples of stupidity? Justification?
Some of us here are actually smart enough to recognize crimes on a case by case basis.
You are a fool if you think i or anyone else here is argueing to the contrary.
Morally justified crimes?
You think that is the case here?
Why not just give us an entire list of Morally Justified Crimes..
I'm interested. I've been to plenty of peacefull demonstrations.
You call these people that have need to worry Demonstrators. I'm not so certain. I NEVER had anyone storm or kick in my doors Merrick. Are you actually posting from Britain. I am also very scepticle at this point at you judgement value system. And what comprises Justified Crimes. You cite how you know these people who have been wronged...Not good enough. Details fella...and the WHOLE truth. Something i think will be not be forthcoming from you. Just rhetoric.
I've been a peacefull activist my whole adult life. I did protest, very actively, the 'Coalition's' mounting Iraq invasion.
I Know that i was photographed...i don't give a rats ass.
I was Demonstrating...not rioting, storming or playing weekend Revolutionary.
Do you get that?
You Stink.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 22:49
Whadda ya know?
You went back and edited the fuck out of that post of yours.
sigh..........
ron
ron
706 posts

Nov 18, 2010, 02:20
Merrick wrote:
As many of them hadn't done anything like it before and were being easily picked off...

and that's the gist of it, isn't it... i've come accross't a couple of similar lists of recommendations in regards to calls to action... i.e... very non-descript clothing, black shirt means black shirt no nike or polo man deal... cover yer ink, remove jewelry, head coverings for hair, oversized sun shades, walmart sneakers... yadda, yadda, yadda...

i quit attending a rather well known event of motorcycle enthusiasts a few years back when i realized there were those taking pictures of me and my bike (license plate) rather than the cute young things 5 feet away flashing their tit's...

i tell my kids over... and over... and over…

if you write it… it will be read
if you say it… it will be heard
if you do it… it will be seen

keep the faith, whatever it may be…

r
wychburyman
951 posts

Edited Nov 18, 2010, 08:43
Nov 18, 2010, 08:42
Wikipedia?!

(snigger)
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Nov 18, 2010, 12:14
wychburyman wrote:
Wikipedia?!

(snigger)

Prove me wrong.
Pud.

{snigger}?
{Tee Hee}?
I guess you find it all rather funny.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Edited Nov 19, 2010, 04:08
Nov 19, 2010, 04:02
dodge one wrote:
i notice that you made no mention about my comment about your not noticing the source of the BONO slander{Rupert Murdoch} post that you took a part in.You never did revisit that excrable thread after the true facts of the matter became evident. That alone proved your wankiness to me for all time.

Wow, that's quite a tough line to take. Why so? It wasn't a thread I took any great interest in, and like you I thought the facts were pretty quickly established. I posted on it once, an ironic comment about Bono's hobnobbing with war criminals that is unaffected by the thread's false allegations of profiteering, and I stand by it. I never said anything about the article that was linked to. Why does this make you so angry with me?

dodge one wrote:
What the fuck does "Trashing" have to do with Demonstrating?

I think everybody agrees that it is acceptable to use violence against property, even on occasion people, for political ends if the circumstances really justify it. What we're arguing about is whether this was worth it.

I think, with the exception of the fire extinguisher thing, it was. Another A to B march of placards would have gone unnoticed. Whereas now knowledge of the cuts to education is much more widespread, and the sense of anger about the broader cuts is heightened. This improves the chances of stemming them.

Ask yourself how much good the marches against the poll tax did that waved placards. Once there'd been the massive 1990 demo (and the less remembered mass burnings of bills) the tax was repealed. I'd also suggest reading some Suffragette history and asking what would've happened if they'd politely walked through the streets every time.

dodge one wrote:
Why do you counter a specific act of stupidity with cited examples of other examples of stupidity? Justification?

No, perspective and fairness. I find it odd that a single act gets so much attention when dozens of equivalent acts at the same place are ignored.

dodge one wrote:
Morally justified crimes?
You think that is the case here?

I'd have hoped that was already apparent, but in case I've not been clear: yes.

dodge one wrote:
Why not just give us an entire list of Morally Justified Crimes.

Because, like you, I think it's a case by case basis.

I am very interested in your implication though - are you really ssaying there are no morally justified crimes?

Do you apply this to every country, or just English law? Is that English law at present, or throughout history?

dodge one wrote:
I've been a peacefull activist my whole adult life. I did protest, very actively, the 'Coalition's' mounting Iraq invasion.

I was there with you. The largest crowd of people that has ever assembled on this island in its history. And we made no difference whatsoever. Had a tenth of a percent of us gone and trashed the warplanes leaving our soil for Iraq, it might've been different.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Nov 19, 2010, 04:07
keith a wrote:
I've pointed at least a couple out at the time. One concerned your statement in relation to the use of harassment notices.

I'm not clear what you mean. What time? What statement?
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Nov 19, 2010, 04:07
And that would be when?
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index