Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: NEW FEATURE: Advice to Demonstrators After the Trashing of Millbank
Nov 19, 2010, 18:01
dodge one wrote:
Your opinions on things are so predictable at this point.

Yes, that's what comes of having a consistent moral framework; people can pre-empt what you'll say about certain things.

dodge one wrote:
You are a coward that retracts his points of view with un-clever editing

No, I removed an anecdote 20 minutes after posting it as I felt people may ask for further details that I'm not comfortable giving. Nobody had replied to it in that 20 minutes. It does not alter my point of view, nor the point I was making, let alone retract it.

Can you answer me these questions: Why does my non-involvement with false allegations about Bono rile you and make you think I'm 'wanky'?

Your use of 'felonious' as a synonym for immoral - are you really saying there are no morally justified crimes? Do you apply this to every country, or just English law? Is that English law at present, or throughout history?
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Edited Nov 20, 2010, 01:06
Nov 20, 2010, 01:04
landells wrote:
Dodge, Merrick made his post at 18.50 and edited it at 19.12 but your response to his post wasn't made until 19.18 - so Merrick's edit wouldn't have been anything to do with your comments

Bullshit, and you should stick to just being a plain old dumbass sidekick.
You have no future as a lawyer or criminologist. You seem to have zero concept of timelines.
Do you really think that i typed up my post in 1 minute flat?
I made my post to Merrick having already read his 'Un-Edited' version of reply to me. It took me approximately 20 minutes to type and post that reply, such as it was.
In the interim Merrick went back and did some fast and sneaky editing.
Just goes to show that one should ALLWAYS hit the Quote reply.
He had made references about his friends basically having there homes stormed/ doors kicked in/computers stolen-confiscated/dragged off to gaol....yada yada yada...yeah sure,O.K.{it read as multiple times too.}
Dangerous revolutionary figures perhaps?
Anarchists perhaps?
Maybe some folks who play weekend revolutionary 'action figure' and protesting against the only means of income they have?
Guess they hadn't read Merrick's memo on how to evade prosecution after perpetrating felony acts.
He also edited out comments about some other 'rhetorical' crimes that were committed by 'THE MAN' against some poor defenseless weekend revolutionary action figures.
As if it was supposed justification for acting out like a cunt at a 'Demonstration'.
Where the fuck do you people post from?
Bezerkistan?
Now there's a fucked up shithole for ya.
What with all the twisting of words, impartial and incomplete truths, and un-clever editing going on around here of late; perhaps some of you have missed your true callings.
Minister of propaganda for a shithole like mythical Berzerkistan.

Its all bullshit anyway. Having read and participated on this board over the last 3 years, i've learned NOTHING that i can use to further my causes.
Don't let me stop any of you from charging into battle dressed as "Black-Sheep". The acres of Leather garb, storm trooper hats, nice quiffs, Mascara, Big Plaster heads, banging away on cheap guitars.....such and such.
Good luck with that. I'll continue to vote. And make peacefull steady contributions as a respected citizen and neighbor in my community.
I know it will and HAS made more strides and inroads than anything i've seen getting shouted over here.

Edited out some atrocious spelling. Not content.
Thats cunty.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Edited Nov 20, 2010, 01:17
Nov 20, 2010, 01:16
You really are an incredibly aggressive person, dodge. You talk about how little anything said on this board means to you, but it clearly makes you very angry indeed. Or perhaps nasty insults are just your default method of communication.

Either way, I suggest you tone it down.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Nov 20, 2010, 01:23
Merrick wrote:
dodge one wrote:
Your opinions on things are so predictable at this point.

Yes, that's what comes of having a consistent moral framework; people can pre-empt what you'll say about certain things.

dodge one wrote:
You are a coward that retracts his points of view with un-clever editing

No, I removed an anecdote 20 minutes after posting it as I felt people may ask for further details that I'm not comfortable giving. Nobody had replied to it in that 20 minutes. It does not alter my point of view, nor the point I was making, let alone retract it.

Can you answer me these questions: Why does my non-involvement with false allegations about Bono rile you and make you think I'm 'wanky'?

Your use of 'felonious' as a synonym for immoral - are you really saying there are no morally justified crimes? Do you apply this to every country, or just English law? Is that English law at present, or throughout history?

You do not have any consistency at all.
You clearly support felony action at what should have been a peacefull student demonstration.
You posted what i thought was one of the most irresponsible posts i have ever read here. It 'IS' a guideline to avoid prosecution for criminal acts that were caught on media, Red handed at something that was quite a diffrent thing than demonstrating.
It just smacked of Shit smell. Is that the byline that the 'Revolutionary' sorts are girding themselves for battle against 'The Man' with these days?
You won't get jack shit achieved with those tactics.
Also regarding Susan B. and others of the suffragette movement.
I doubt that you would know much about it, but they achieved MUCHLY through peacefull coersion through the refusal of sexual privledges until there husbands capitulated to the movement. That is a Fact.
It was also a very sucessfull tactic in getting prohibition enacted.
The booze won out over sex in the long run though. Go figure.
More power to 'em, i say.
Now the BONO thing.
You seem to be the self appointed moderator on this board, allways on the look out for the opportunity to be the Moral conscience. You failed willfully on that one.
I knew it was a bullshit lie, word for word as soon as i read it.
You couldn't be bothered to go a slandered mans bond.
YOU STINK.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Nov 20, 2010, 01:26
Or what jim?
You'll give me a what for?
A viscious Frowning?
OooooH !!!
Mercy.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Nov 20, 2010, 01:30
dodge one wrote:
You seem to be the self appointed moderator on this board, allways on the look out for the opportunity to be the Moral conscience. You failed willfully on that one.

Merrick isn't a "self appointed moderator", he was appointed by the site owner to edit the U-Know section. Just so you know.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Nov 20, 2010, 01:32
dodge one wrote:
Or what jim?
You'll give me a what for?
A viscious Frowning?
OooooH !!!
Mercy.

Or what? Or nothing dodge. I merely made a suggestion in the hope of making this a more pleasant place. There was no implied threat, though the fact that you read it that way says much about you.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Nov 20, 2010, 01:33
What the hell is the difference?
Tell ya what, just ignore me Jim.
I know ya can.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Nov 20, 2010, 01:34
Nite Lumpy head.
Get your sleep.
Dream instead
Your a Black Sheep.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Edited Nov 20, 2010, 01:42
Nov 20, 2010, 01:42
dodge one wrote:
What the hell is the difference?

I would have thought the difference was obvious. I was simply drawing your attention to a factual error you'd made.

dodge one wrote:
Tell ya what, just ignore me Jim.
I know ya can.

It's difficult to ignore someone who aggressively insults everyone they disagree with. Yes, I can ignore you, but I don't see why I -- or anyone else -- should have to. This is the one public forum that I contribute to online, and the primary reason for that is the fact that most people here, even during heated disagreements, manage to remain civil.

Of late that's started to break down a bit which is a real shame in my view. And I believe many of us here would like this place to avoid being dominated by the kinds of aggressive keyboard warriors that blight other forums. It is not unreasonable, therefore, for us to politely ask you to tone down your insults and nastiness. You talk so lovingly about democracy, but seem terribly unwilling to respect the wishes of the majority on this board.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index