ToneStone
ToneStone
1768 posts

Re: NEW FEATURE: Advice to Demonstrators After the Trashing of Millbank
Nov 17, 2010, 17:00
Careful Merrick its all getting a bit like this here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT9xuXQjxMM

; )

BTW what the fudge happened to Radio Savage Houndy beasty ?

I enjoyed your tales of penis beef and filthy Rolf Harris
Myers
Myers
151 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 17:31
No loopy, it wasn't more important. But, as I have said, it was an own goal. People are talking about it more than the issues - so in that respect, maybe it is more important after all.

I hope many of the people smashing millbank get away with it. I don't condone it, but can see how it happened, but fire extinguisher man? I like to see him face a court for his actions.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 17:36
wychburyman wrote:
[quote="dodge one"]Your U-Know article is primarily a primer on how to cover your tracks after commiting felonious acts.
quote]

You talkin' bout the Yanks in I-raq, D1?

Tee-hee

Whats that you say?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-National_Force_%E2%80%93_Iraq

United Kingdom — 3,700 troops were in Southern Iraq, leading the Multi-National Division (South East) which includes troops from several other countries. The deployment includes infantry, mechanized infantry and armored units as well as water-borne patrol personnel and a range of aircraft. The UK has lost 176 soldiers in Iraq as of November, 2008: 136 in roadside bombings, firefights, and rocket attacks. Out of the remaining 40, the cause of death included accidents, 'friendly fire' incidents, illnesses, and suicide. See Operation Telic for further information.
After the invasion (which involved 46,000 British troops[19]), approximately 8,500 troops were stationed in the south of the country, but 1,300 were withdrawn in early 2006.[20]
On February 20, 2007, the British government declared that British soldiers would begin a timetabled withdrawal from Iraq, and an additional 1,600 personnel had returned by the end of the month.[21]
On October 8, 2007, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown announced that the British contingent would be reduced further, from 5,500 to 4,500, by the end of the year, and cut to 2,500 in Spring 2008.[22]
However, on April 1, 2008, the decision was made to postpone any further withdrawals, and to maintain the roughly 4,100-strong contingent for the time being.[23]
On December 15, 2008, in Baghdad and then on December 16, in the House of Commons, Prime Minister Gordon Brown, announced that in accordance with a new Iraqi Law all British Combat Troops would cease operations prior to May 31, 2009, and be withdrawn in total at the latest over the following 2 months. Instead of approximately 4,100 troops, there would then be less than 400 supporting training of Iraqi Armed Forces particularly the Iraqi Navy.[24] Brown and his Iraqi counterpart, Nuri al-Maliki, said the government in Baghdad approved a draft law providing for the withdrawal of troops from the U.K., Australia, Romania, Estonia, and El Salvador no later than July 31, 2009.[25][26]
On April 30, 2009, Prime Minister Gordon Brown announced the end of British combat operations in Iraq. The bulk of the British 3,700 troops stationed there will be withdrawn by the end of May, with approximately 400 staying behind to train Iraqi naval forces.[27]
On July 28, 2009 all 150 of the remaining British troops had left Iraq and were all redeployed to Kuwait after the Iraqi government rejected their request to stay in Iraq and to extend their mission.[28]

Eat me Whych.
D1
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 17:37
The new site yappy dog....
something to say of zero consequence on every single thread.
Ho Hum.

oh......
;)
keith a
9572 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 17:41
Loopy Lumbago wrote:
The chucking of the fire extinguisher is of course far more important than what the demonstration was about.

I never said that. And as you seem to read everything I post you will know that I'm not pro the cuts.

I just find Merrick's posts to be one sided and economical with the truth. To me that reduces it to the same level as the one sided crap you read in the Daily Mail.
Loopy Lumbago
Loopy Lumbago
95 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 17:46
Quote: "No loopy, it wasn't more important."

Some people obviously need it to be.

And, as you very well know; I made it perfectly clear on The Pump what I think of such actions.
Myers
Myers
151 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 18:08
I thought it was a bit lAcking too Keith. Which is a shame, because what there was, I thought was well written. But as you say, very one sided.
Loopy Lumbago
Loopy Lumbago
95 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 18:09
Quote: "I never said that. And as you seem to read everything I post you will know that I'm not pro the cuts."

I read most of what's posted here and on The Pump from everybody, you included.
And I know perfectly well you're not pro the cuts. And, though I totally agree it was a stupid and malicious act, I find it a bit odd that this fire extinguisher seems to be so important to you.

Quote: "I just find Merrick's posts to be one sided and economical with the truth. To me that reduces it to the same level as the one sided crap you read in the Daily Mail."

As I read the U-Know article it's about advice to students who fear having been photographed by the police. How many sides do you expect such advise to have?

Btw: clinging so hard to that fire extinguisher is probably not a good idea: someone might throw it off a tall building again. ;o)
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Nov 18, 2010, 11:17
Nov 17, 2010, 18:12
Did Merrick actually write the article, or did he just repost an article that had already been posted on Fitwatch and removed by the police? Everyone here seems to be assuming the former, but as far as I can tell nothing in his original post or in the article itself specifies it.
Myers
Myers
151 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 18:13
I've no idea, to be honest. It doesn't seem to say
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index