NEW FEATURE: Advice to Demonstrators After the Trashing of Millbank

Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

NEW FEATURE: Advice to Demonstrators After the Trashing of Millbank
Nov 17, 2010, 09:37
After the student occupation and trashing of Tory HQ last week, the police have been studying footage and tracking people down.

As many of them hadn't done anything like it before and were being easily picked off, the FITwatch site (which concentrates on the police's Forward Intelligence Teams - the ones who film and photograph people at demos and for thoughtcrime) put up some advice for those concerned.

The Metropolitan Police made the host take the FITwatxch site down for at least a year. So other sites around the world have been republishing the advice. It's the new Feature article on U-Know.

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/uknow/features/?id=104
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: NEW FEATURE: Advice to Demonstrators After the Trashing of Millbank
Nov 17, 2010, 09:48
Merrick wrote:
After the student occupation and trashing of Tory HQ last week, the police have been studying footage and tracking people down.

As many of them hadn't done anything like it before and were being easily picked off, the FITwatch site (which concentrates on the police's Forward Intelligence Teams - the ones who film and photograph people at demos and for thoughtcrime) put up some advice for those concerned.

The Metropolitan Police made the host take the FITwatxch site down for at least a year. So other sites around the world have been republishing the advice. It's the new Feature article on U-Know.

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/uknow/features/?id=104

I'd read about that site being taken down, and wondered what the "offending" text was. Thanks Merrick.
Loopy Lumbago
Loopy Lumbago
95 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 09:48
On what grounds was the FITwatxch site taken down?
Was it "a threat to Democracy and The Freedom of Speech"? ;o)
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 12:46
I used to think that you ocassionally had some good things to say and some good insights too.
Not anymore.
Your U-Know article is primarily a primer on how to cover your tracks after commiting felonious acts.
Nice one Merick.
I also couldn't help but notice what a bandwagon jumper you were when AQK posted that awful and slanderous thread about Bono.
You Stink.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 13:02
Frankly one of the anarchist Yahoo groups I'm on (at least) came to the conclusion "smashing stuff" just isn't the way to send a message. It just creates a stereotype the Right can use against them.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 14:32
Lawrence wrote:
Frankly one of the anarchist Yahoo groups I'm on (at least) came to the conclusion "smashing stuff" just isn't the way to send a message. It just creates a stereotype the Right can use against them.

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or in the holy name of liberty"

.... and why give any lurking Fifth Columnists (you'd have to be mad to think there aren't plenty) the opportunity for an opening in any case?

As I have said before the left will always be judged by a higher standard. Long overdue that we got that message.
wychburyman
951 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 16:08
[quote="dodge one"]Your U-Know article is primarily a primer on how to cover your tracks after commiting felonious acts.
quote]

You talkin' bout the Yanks in I-raq, D1?

Tee-hee
Loopy Lumbago
Loopy Lumbago
95 posts

Edited Nov 17, 2010, 16:34
Nov 17, 2010, 16:32
We learn something new every day.
I was, until now, unaware that participating in a demonstration is a felonious act.
keith a
9565 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 16:52
No mention of fire extinguisher chucking in your article, is there?

Don't tell me...the police had magnets in their helmets and it was their fault.
Loopy Lumbago
Loopy Lumbago
95 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 16:58
The chucking of the fire extinguisher is of course far more important than what the demonstration was about.
Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index