Record breaking heat

47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jshell
333 posts

Edited Aug 24, 2010, 19:09
Re: Record breaking heat
Aug 24, 2010, 18:57
Good ramble, and interesting musings. I understand your ecological and political position, fair enough.

Strangely I'm not really an A-global warming 'denier', though that sounds strange. I'm just a suspicious person at heart. I was suspicious about 9/11 until I turned an 'engineer-eyed' view at the footage and visited the site. I was suspicious of the moon landings, but saw through that quite easily. I was suspicious of Dr Kelly's death, still bloody am... ;-)

I just have problems when a concensus locks out so many expert and professional people who have a lot to say, then labels them as pariahs. Perhaps we are causing warming, and perhaps we may be the implement of our own doom. But we need to hear and consider both sides of the argument - we haven't yet. (Interesting that Otze the iceman was killed 5000 years ago and was covered by glacial ice.)

This, to me shows why there's a consensus: http://rossmckitrick.weebly.com/uploads/4/8/0/8/4808045/surfacetempreview.pdf There is only one real temperature dataset and it's been manipulated shamelsssly. There may be a simple explanation, but my suspicious nature needs more....

On the political side, I don't really care. I know I'm averse to the Tories, but I watched Brown's hand in much of the destruction of the economy which my, and your children's, children will be paying for. I don't have a place anywhere between right or left, I can see the good in policies from all parties including BNP... Oh, shock, horror, but take the racist shite away and there's a little sense there, regardless of them being distasteful cnuts.

I came here as I used to like Copey's music - the earlier stuff! Met him a few times, even had a piece I gave him included in the MA. Stayed as I don't like to simply inhabit forums where I agree with everything said, but I do try to add to the debate - where there is some...

Wish I got more time to do it, but I'm mega-busy, work away from home and only got weekends to prepare the house for arrival of 1st kid early next year. Now that scares me more than AGW!!!!

Anyway, I am going to have to leave the AGW debate for a while. I'm sure the fighting will go on for years, but the co-called 'consensus' will continue methinks. I pay a reasonable amount of tax, but if it increases considerably due to CO2 levies, I'll leave the UK for somewhere else on principle. Until the link between GW and man produced emissions is actually proven and demonstrable in a repeatable fashion... I'm afraid a false 'concensus' isn't enough for me yet! :-)
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index