Record breaking heat

47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jshell
333 posts

Edited Aug 10, 2010, 18:50
Re: Record breaking heat
Aug 10, 2010, 18:46
I suppose we're fortunate that CH4 (methane) emissions have dropped over the last few years, though I'm not sure why. Though that leaves water vapour, the biggest by far, of greenhouse gases. Water vapour gives a massive problem though, it's effects dwarf that of everything else and we can try to model it, but in reality it's far, far too complex to accurately model. Just look at sat pics of earth, it changes hugely randomly!

So, CO2, that bad-boy. Is that the crux to all of this? The links you showed would suggest so. But, and this is going to be the problem with all of these arguments, the results shown here seem to say that CO2 absorbtion saturates. If that's true, then CO2 simply cannot be the culprit. http://www.nov55.com/ntyg.html Bit of bugger, eh?

Physical testing is shown at: http://www.john-daly.com/artifact.htm they talk of the absorbtion being up to 80-times LESS than climatologists think.

Where does that leave us? Not sure yet, I cannot prove the links above are true, can you prove yours? I'm no scientist or climatologist, but I'm suspicious. We can get into, what comes first: CO2 or temperature? Records show that actually CO2 rises follow temperature rises and has done since time immemorial. That's a problem, until the IPCC say: Ah, but no, there's +ve feedback! Say what? Oh, that's a good one, seems to fit if they can prove it! I don't think they can. Why?

When CO2 levels have risen in the past, why did the cycle not run away with itself and cook the planet? Did we achieve equilibrium and the planet recover? Looks like it, but then what about now? Parhaps the planet will heat up and recover as it has for millenia! Ah, but no, manmade CO2 is different, that's a game changer! wtf? However, to do that, man made CO2 has to hang around forever. It does, say the IPCC! Not so says this study, it hangs about for less than 20 years: http://www.co2science.org/articles/V12/N31/EDIT.php

They've tried to remove the Mediaeval Warming period from the records to cover it previous warming. But there's too much info and too many studies support the MWP, they're scratching.

So, who's right? Simply I don't KNOW, but I'm suspicious, really bloody suspicious. See, it's a great scare. A gas that we cannot see, cannot really distinguish, cannot prove it's knock-on effects for many, many years and it's warming the planet and we're all doomed. But eh planet warms and cools in cycles, but this is DIFFERENT! So, we have to change our whole way of living. Not adapt to a few degC warmer, but change everything and our ways of government, our industry, taxation, the lot.

And all along Al Gore makes his first $billion and buys seafront property for millions. He can't 'believe', or his house will be swept away... A lot of people are making shit-loads of cash out of this. Fcking shitloads. I've got a guy calls me on a weekly basis to sell me open-ended CC's. I may just buy some.

Still no-one metions Antarctica. Why's it not melting?

I'm rambling now.

Yup, still suspicious. You should be too.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index