47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Record breaking heat
Aug 09, 2010, 02:32
geoffrey_prime wrote:
Let these people answer for themselves if they have an issue...they dont need the "wise old uncle" to wade in. Fine to make comment...but I am not sure you have the mandate to speak for others in the way you are..

I do hope the irony in this response was deliberate. Your first post on this thread is an insulting message commenting on something PMM said to jshell. You didn't add anything relevant to the debate; merely took it upon yourself to rebuke the tone of one participant in a manner that looks suspiciously like you're assuming a mandate to speak for the other.

Personally, I have no desire to be anyone's wise old uncle (unless my sister ever has kids, of course). And I wasn't speaking for anyone, nor seeking a mandate to do so. I was once a regular on this message board and checked up on it after a long absence. I added my thoughts to the discussion by putting forward some, in my view compelling, evidence (though not absolute proof) for the global warming properties of CO2. I then commented upon your behaviour which I thought was rude.

I was speaking for myself in both cases.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index