48 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Ian Tomlinson cop: no charges
Jul 29, 2010, 09:19
Merrick wrote:
Oh don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. I just meant that I'm wary of the police's 'one bad apple misbehaving, aren't we good for weeding him out' option.

I concur. However they are trying to say they're doing more than that. I was listening to some bloke from the IPCC the other day who was making assurances that in the light of what happened at G20 changes have been made in the way such events are policed. Um.... What changes ? Can we have the details ? I mean they had four independent investigations into G20 that I heard about, but I can't find any of their recommendations, nor a list of what changes the met have made. What I have found is the recommendation that

"All items of equipment worn by police should have the officer's shoulder number attached and clearly visible." It would make a change if they wore numbers at all frankly. Oh and that officers should have 8 hour rest breaks between shifts *shrug*. Is there anything else do you know of ? I'm having trouble finding owt.

Also, have the family of Ian Tomlinson received the report from the IPCC about the officers conduct which they said they'd give yet ?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index