IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Jul 22, 2010, 13:29
Re: Ian Tomlinson cop: no charges
Jul 22, 2010, 13:23
The Sea Cat wrote:
[quote="IanB
What I am expecting is there to be an out-break of protests from the suburbs and the wealthier provincial areas and an increase in middle class activism that will be essentially coming from a right wing libertarian position (though wont be articualted like that in the media) opposing the role of the financial institutions and state apparatus in general.

[/quote]

I agree. I have made this point myself in this and other related threads. However, if this kind of middle class activism helps force a Government change or scrapping of these heinous policies to any sensible degree, then that can only be of benefit to us all.

Really? Don't see that myself. It can only push Cameron further to right. You are talking about ushering in a rainbow alliance of UKIP, BNP, Countryside Alliance and all manner of right wing crazies. Except all the colours in this particular rainbow will be grey. I don't know how old you are but this government have nothing on Thatcher et al. I'd take a century of the tepid Toryism that we have today over five years of that lot.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index