witchcraft

36 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: witchcraft
Jul 16, 2002, 13:02
I think it's only the most extreme born-again school of christian who believes that wiccans do the horrors u describe. Most ppl, and even the press (if they steer clear of the Satan! word) are of the opinion that wicaans are mostly fluffy and harmless.

4W is right however about 'Pagan' being a negative and insulting word, however, I see no problem with it being appropriated as a means of self description. appropriating hate speech is a damn fine way of disarming it. A good example is the term 'Christian', this was originally seen as an insult (derive from 'chrits-one' or somesuch, can't remember my born-again phase that well). It first emerged as a term a good time after Christ died, somewhere around the Book of Acts when that mad bastard Paul (who never met the geezer) was running round, inventing laws, dogma and generally fucking over everything Christ said. Unfortunately Pauls laws are now the understood face of Christianity, and Christian is now a positive word in the general consensus
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index