5373 posts

Edited Oct 27, 2010, 16:34
Re: Whalers Beware !
Oct 26, 2010, 19:49
The Sea Cat wrote:
sanshee wrote:
sanshee wrote:

Deepinder Cheema wrote:

Fuck Children in Need, have they not got enough money already? - I want to see their accounts. Give your money to these type of initiatives

Hmmm. Children in Need is a load of shite telly, yes. Celebs get smugged out, the kookiness is almost hernia enducing, but if it's the one way some disabled kids can keep their day centres opened etc then I say 'fuck the whales' to be honest.

If we want to stop this type of shite telly, then we must get back to taking care of each other properly, looking after those that need it and once we've prioritised get on with other things. We'll be in a much better place to do so.

Sorry, just read some thing 'real' about one child's account of life in a Catholic Church run Industrual School and his subsequent traumas. Kinda rattled me a bit.

x

The Sea Cat wrote:

I'm with the Whales and all the other non-human sentient beings on this one . No animal has ever intentionally done me a bad turn.

Has a child? If you don't care much for them fair enough. I do get a bit disturbed by the 'animals over humans' thing though. I actually find it a wee bit sinister.

That besides, facts are that in order to make the world a better place for all the sentient beings out there, we have to at least try to make 'decent human beings' first.

x

That means less people. Less children. Even the Dalai Llama got into trouble for pointing out that obvious fact. I have no dislike of humanity, but I am sick to death of media/corporate/political bullshit re. the lucrative gains of continually spinning 'the family'. It's a great vote catcher/money spinner when we should be dealing with the facts., and why when I go out for a meal etc. do I have to put up with little Conrad or Tarquin 'expressing' himself by running amok around my table at my expense? Complain, which I do on principal, and the selfish response of the me-first New labour modern family brigade is astounding. I live here too. :-).

My God - I've finally found another HHer who shares my complete and utter lack of interest in the reproductive process (yep, that's all it is to me -a process, like the human digestive system).

Let's take a long, cold, hard-headed look at the facts here.

Name ONE classic psychedelic rock album that's ever been made by a child (and before anyone starts quibbling, Mozart was definitely NOT psychedelic).

Name ONE civilisation-shaping philosophical treatise that's ever been written by a child.

Name ONE essential scientific development that's ever been instigated by a child.

Name ONE classic movie that's ever been written, directed and casted by a child.

Name ONE epoch-defining political reform that's ever been drafted by a child.

Did a child abolish slavery? Did a child invent the NHS? Did a child write a diary about her experiences of living in Nazi-occupied Holland that still resonates as a poignant reminder of how easily the civil liberties we enjoy can collapse if we turn a blind eye and take them for granted (Oh all right then, I'll give you that one... )

Bill Hicks was right about one thing, mind (In fact, he was right about pretty much everything, but that's by the by) Children are a lot smarter than we think, and the fact that I've never met one child who has kids and a job proves it right there. And still we let them keep us awake all night, drain us of all our money, force us to work in horrid, monotonous, morale-sapping jobs, steal our social lives, and make our houses smell of puke to boot. And unlike animals, we're not even allowed to eat them.

Anyway, I'm veering off the point here. What I wanted to know is, Sea Cat -will you marry me?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index