Whalers Beware !

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Whalers Beware !
Nov 15, 2009, 12:30
http://trendsupdates.com/sea-shepherd-unveils-ady-gil-the-batmobile-of-the-oceans-to-help-save-the-whales/

Fantastic use of technology for a change. These guys are heroes.
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: Whalers Beware !
Nov 15, 2009, 13:07
Couldn't load the site - pc's being an arse again :-(
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Nov 15, 2009, 13:17
Nov 15, 2009, 13:13
These righteous ocean environmentalists have launched a mind blowing high tech sub that looks straight out of Batman.It is, literally awesome. It follows Japanese whalers and totally fucks their nets up by shredding them with this blade style appendage on the front of their craft. War is declared !
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Nov 15, 2009, 13:16
God I hope they get some results. It's not like these Japanese whalers are scraping around for some meagre living (and even if that were the case it wouldn't make it ok). They're rich people from a rich country that really don't need to resort to raping the oceans in search of food. Whaling makes me so cross and so sad and so downright depressed (and so helpless...) that ANYTHING anyone can do to fuck with the whalers' game is ok by me.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Nov 15, 2009, 13:26
Nov 15, 2009, 13:24
Although I have a great interest in, and respect for a lot of Alternative medicine/healing, my blood boils and the veins in my neck stand out like feckin' ropes when I constantly come across 'traditonal chinese' bullshit re. ivory, tigers, and other beautiful and endangered sentient beings.
How fucking spiritual the genocide of nature is. It pernicious and totally fucked up. Should be fucking banned, but since when does the man give a fuck apart from paying venal lip service for half witted credulous voters !

Rant over - Peace and Love. :-).
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Nov 15, 2009, 13:29
I know what you mean and it's sick as fuck, but with whaling it's not even for medicinal purposes (and even if it were, that STILL wouldn't be remotely ok!) I don't understand the need to eat whale meat. NOBODY is that hungry. It seems to me that it's kinda done for the sake of it; I eat whale meat because I can afford to, you know, like having a designer handbag or name-dropping celebrities in social circles. The fact that it's all so superficial makes me utterly livid, and I don't accept that it's a cultural thing on any level because cannibalism was 'a cultural thing' back in the day and we wouldn't accept that now would we?

Must stop ranting now and get on with the day...
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Nov 15, 2009, 13:34
Spot on. Check the Ayers thread, by the way.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Edited Nov 15, 2009, 16:01
Nov 15, 2009, 15:36
The irony is that the Japanese got the taste of Whale meat when after the war this was a cheap source of protein. I think it was fed to skoolkids. Its that generation which is driving it. I have a feeling this may have been the idea of the USA appointed Oliver Cromwell.

The Japanese and the Chinese are a cruel race.

I love the boat, and the intentions of these saboteurs. Fuck Children in Need, have they not got enough money already? - I want to see their accounts. Give your money to these type of initiatives
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Nov 15, 2009, 16:19
It's not just the Cetacea.....The Japanese in particular, with there demand for Tuna, will almost certainly see that species wiped out within our lifetimes. Of course tho, in collusion with Meditaeranian tuna fishing fleets supplying the demand.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Nov 15, 2009, 16:21
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
The Japanese and the Chinese are a cruel race.

WHOAH!

Do you feel it's safe to say that because we don't have anybody fitting that description here?

They may have a broader idea of what constitutes acceptable animal protein sources, and it might shock our culture that many Asian peoples eat animals that we consider cute (dogs and cats), or intelligent (whales), but let's be careful not to stereotype 1.5 billion people.

After all, we in the west continue to butcher millions of feeling creatures for food.
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index