Whalers Beware !

53 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: Whalers Beware !
Nov 18, 2009, 16:21
We're not personally though, are we? I don't think anyone here (correct me if I'm wrong) would buy teak decking harvested from virgin rainforest or eat whale meat or take ground sea-horses for constipation.

We can't always hide behind the fact that the UK is guilty of heinous crimes against the environment and not speak out against things like whaling. We're still allowed to object. And some people are bound to find some acts of environmental vandalism more upsetting than others; for example, I find the idea of pregnant whales being slaughtered more upsetting and emotive than a tree being cut down, now I KNOW one isn't necessarily worse than the other but I'm only human and some things are gonna jangle my chain more than others.

Nobody's saying the UK is squeaky clean on these matters, all we can do is avoid companies involved in environmental destruction, which is easier said than done, but we're still allowed to shout 'THAT'S FUCKING APPALLING!' about whaling, because when all's said and done it is.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index